Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Power trunk, chrome delete, new wheels and slight increase in range finally announced.
Waiting for my SR+ so assume I get a refresh model now although have no VIN assigned yet.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201016-064522_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201016-064522_Chrome.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 65
So the official configurator for Model 3 was updated overnight and is now showing the chrome delete, the new style 19” sports wheels, new centre console and powered trunk. The only remaining question is what version do those of us with existing orders receive, this new version I presume?

Never liked Pirelli’s they lost too much grip shortly after new.

The in-app speed boost upgrade for the LR is showing the reduced 0-60, so suspect this is more software (or just made up numbers), since it doesn’t include new tires for existing owners.

Reactions: GRiLLA
The in-app speed boost upgrade for the LR is showing the reduced 0-60, so suspect this is more software (or just made up numbers), since it doesn’t include new tires for existing owners.

LR time was measured from standstill, Performance was measured using rollout (short rolling start) which is apparently worth a tenth or so. I wonder if they are now measuring these the same way?

Power trunk, chrome delete, new wheels and slight increase in range finally announced.
Waiting for my SR+ so assume I get a refresh model now although have no VIN assigned yet.

They have updated the picture of my car on order to have what look like the new wheels but weirdly it still seems to have chrome trim.

Attachments

• C2268B61-AD72-4FC3-BE55-6A1656F64533.png
    C2268B61-AD72-4FC3-BE55-6A1656F64533.png
    754.9 KB · Views: 48
LR time was measured from standstill, Performance was measured using rollout (short rolling start) which is apparently worth a tenth or so. I wonder if they are now measuring these the same way?

It could be, but I’d put more money on it just being made up numbers. Remember all those ICE cars and magazine reviews testing and almost no one ever got the same 0-60? I suspect it’s more like that.

No, it’s the same. If you’re looking at the prices above, they’ve both got optional paint on at an extra £1000.
Ah yes.

The range bump pretty much confirms the heat pump and octovalve (I keep hearing that but have no idea what it is). Have people found heat pumps to make a massive difference in winter? I had an i3 without one and didn't feel compromised, but I wasn't doing long distances regularly.

They have updated the picture of my car on order to have what look like the new wheels but weirdly it still seems to have chrome trim.

When did you order? I think I’m going to toss a coin, read the remnants of my tea, check my horoscope and gaze at the stars to come to the conclusion of what might turn up at my door step. Have I just highlighted the Tesla order and delivery process? ;)