Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Roof rack fitting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the Taptes M3 roof rack en-route to me so been looking at fitting guides.

They all show the location / positioning of the brackets marked by tiny arrows on the glass roof panels. I've been up and down our September 2020 SR+ with a magnifying glass and there are no arrows so any ideas on how to work out the correct positions?

TIA

They are inverted - very dark grey against the black of the glass seal. Less than 1cm in size. The front ones are about a palm width back from the leading edge of the front roof glass if that helps you find them.

They are inverted - very dark grey against the black of the glass seal. Less than 1cm in size. The front ones are about a palm width back from the leading edge of the front roof glass if that helps you find them.
Definitely not present on our car - have poured over it looking for them. I've got a ranger booked to look at the self cracking rear lights so I'll ask him or I guess try and find another local M3 owner who does have the marks so that I can take detailed measurements.

IMG_20210311_223432.jpg

White one is the Tesla supplied protective film, dark one is the mark you should have. That is top of windscreen you can just see on the right.

Thanks for the replies but definitely no such markings on our SR+ - maybe a batch of roof panels that didn't get QA'd properly at the Tesla factory (shock horror!). I'll probably have to kindly ask for some measurements when our roof rack arrives.

IMG_20210312_142823.jpg
Passenger side this time, but you should probably check the mount points are there? Business card or CC should let you have a peak. The curve and straight bit you can see hiding under there is what the J bolt hooks into.

OT Above is a good image that shows why a ranger confirmed to me that a roof band wind seal is not an issue if it slips slightly below the glass. Lots of room for water channels and rack fixing especially in the corners where ours has slipped slightly under. Might be a different matter if you tried to pull it tight under there though but on its own the band is under very little tension and I cannot see how is could cut the seals on its own.