Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 RWD Delivery Today [01.26.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is what I've been dreaming about for 3 years. I finally took the plunge considering the discount and the $7,500 rebate.

When I arrived I seen the car parked off to the side and confirmed that it was mine with the Tesla representative. They were in the middle of a software update so it gave me a chance to do my inspections.

I was kind of concerned about the inspection beforehand after watching various YouTube videos and reading forums about some of the issues.

My daughter and I went over the paint, detail and gapping and everything seemed perfect. Then we open and closed all the doors including the trunk and the hood everything was okay. I was actually shocked by how quiet and smooth opening and shutting the doors was and my wife has Lexus for comparison.

Next I reviewed the inside of the car looking for any marks stains gaps or anything that was out of line. Everything was perfect and top quality I was very impressed.

I thought it was strange when the odometer indicated zero miles driven with a battery 258 miles available.

Everything was perfect so we accepted delivery within 30 minutes.

Next we hit the road and after 10 miles of calibration so we kicked in the auto pilot. It was so nice because after a few miles we were in heavy traffic and someone slightly ahead of us swerved over into our lanes and the car automatically veered slightly to the right and slow down.

I've heard about M3 road noise but I was quite satisfied with how quite the car was at all speed levels. The handling of the car was perfect and it was such a good experience. I'm not an audiophile but I was very satisfied with the sound system.

Tomorrow I'm getting the gen 3 charger installed.

It was a great first day and I hope to get many years out of it. In reality it's my daughter's car when she graduates from nursing school.

Fingers crossed for continued good luck and quality!

20230126_175231.jpg

Today is what I've been dreaming about for 3 years. I finally took the plunge considering the discount and the $7,500 rebate.

When I arrived I seen the car parked off to the side and confirmed that it was mine with the Tesla representative. They were in the middle of a software update so it gave me a chance to do my inspections.

I was kind of concerned about the inspection beforehand after watching various YouTube videos and reading forums about some of the issues.

My daughter and I went over the paint, detail and gapping and everything seemed perfect. Then we open and closed all the doors including the trunk and the hood everything was okay. I was actually shocked by how quiet and smooth opening and shutting the doors was and my wife has Lexus for comparison.

Next I reviewed the inside of the car looking for any marks stains gaps or anything that was out of line. Everything was perfect and top quality I was very impressed.

I thought it was strange when the odometer indicated zero miles driven with a battery 258 miles available.

Next we hit the road and after 10 miles of calibration so we kicked in the auto pilot. It was so nice because after a few miles we were in heavy traffic and someone slightly ahead of us swerved over into our lanes and the car automatically veered slightly to the right and slow down.

I've heard about M3 road noise but I was quite satisfied with how quite the car was at all speed levels. The handling of the car was perfect and it was such a good experience. I'm not an audiophile but I was very satisfied with the sound system.

It was a great first day and I hope to get many years out of it. In reality it's my daughter's car when she graduates from nursing school.

View attachment 900170
I know I may be getting carried away but I want to know exactly where I'm parking. This tape is super adhesive and was purchased on Amazon for about $10 and also has a reflector

Attachments

• 16750252567481751072972635782465.jpg
    16750252567481751072972635782465.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 16750253125548794383120458252636.jpg
    16750253125548794383120458252636.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 16750253683305023584804990586347.jpg
    16750253683305023584804990586347.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 104
Tesla went from parking sensors to cost cutting and now people are using tennis balls. Says a lot about a once forward thinking company quickly becoming another automaker. They need to get back on top before one of the legacy auto makers leaves them in the dust. I've a 2020 with sensors and I couldn't imagine spending this kind of money again on a car without something as basic as parking sensors in 2023.
I also have a 2020 and my car uses sensors to display how many inches away obstacles are when I'm parking. Are you saying newer cars don't do this? I have heard that radar has been removed from newer cars and autopilot only relies on the cameras, but I assumed the sensors used when parking are still present.

I also have a 2020 and my car uses sensors to display how many inches away obstacles are when I'm parking. Are you saying newer cars don't do this? I have heard that radar has been removed from newer cars and autopilot only relies on the cameras, but I assumed the sensors used when parking are still present.
For me personally, I also own a 2020 Prius limited which was in the higher 30k price range.

Even though it has sensors I can not totally depend on them. Depending on the object it may alert me two feet, one foot or one inch away and sometimes not at all.

I'm very happy with it but considering all the features of the Tesla even though they're in the same price range The Tesla is 100 times more superior.

Actually the Prius is still my car and the Tesla will officially be my daughter's car once she completes college. This has motivated her studies. I get to enjoy it some in the meantime. :D

I have a 2022 M3 AWD Long Range. I’ve had FSD by subscription several times and I can tell you that the cars parking sensor’s definitely work. The sensors are different than the radar in older Teslas.

We received our code after we took delivery. FWIW our Power Co-Op paid the for the entire cost of a Wall Charger as well.
When was this? Tesla hasn't included the mobile connector for a while. They did give out these codes back then, but afaik they are not giving anything these days.

I picked up mine on 12/30/2022 and I didn't get a mobile connector nor and codes to order one. (Which is what I was told to expect)

Thank you for sharing your experience, i am also worried about gaps and imperfections when my M3 arrives so i hope to have a similar experience. One question i have. Up ntil now i have done everything on the app. i now have my VIN and expected delivery date range. it is now asking for tax title license payment. I have the funds ready in the form of cashiers check but didn't want to provide anymore to tesla until i have inspected the vehicle. Does anyone know if i do not provide the tax and tile funds if my delivery will be delayed? I has hoping to bring them one check on delivery day.

Thank you for sharing your experience, i am also worried about gaps and imperfections when my M3 arrives so i hope to have a similar experience. One question i have. Up ntil now i have done everything on the app. i now have my VIN and expected delivery date range. it is now asking for tax title license payment. I have the funds ready in the form of cashiers check but didn't want to provide anymore to tesla until i have inspected the vehicle. Does anyone know if i do not provide the tax and tile funds if my delivery will be delayed? I has hoping to bring them one check on delivery day.
My delivery was not delayed and I paid everything with a cashier's check on delivery day after I inspected the outside. I didn't pay them anything ahead of pickup aside from the order fee. They don't want to open the car (so you could inspect the inside) until you pay though. Some people here were lucky enough to get it unlocked before they handed over the check but that's not the norm. I don't remember Tesla asking for me to pay the tax/title/license separately when I picked up in late December so not sure if things have changed. I'm also in California if that matters.

Tesla went from parking sensors to cost cutting and now people are using tennis balls. Says a lot about a once forward thinking company quickly becoming another automaker. They need to get back on top before one of the legacy auto makers leaves them in the dust. I've a 2020 with sensors and I couldn't imagine spending this kind of money again on a car without something as basic as parking sensors in 2023.
I thought Tesla advertised that the new camera system is replacing the more antiquated radar. Don't the new cameras have a way to help you park? I mean if it helps navigate your car in traffic one would think knowing where the flippin garage door is would be easy? My Sienna Minivan uses cameras just fine to help me park.

Reactions: George75
Congrats and I am about to purchase our 2nd Tesla. Question, does this group feel there is risk purchasing the RWD with limited range compared to the LR M3, when thinking about a trade in of this M3 RWD in 3x years from now? My feeling are that in 2026, if the vehicle does not get at least 300 miles range, it might have dropped drastically in resale value from projections today.

View attachment 900170
Nice car and nice color and setup. Congratulations!

Congrats on the new car we’re all extremely excited for you! I’m currently debating trading in my 2020 M3 SR+ but I’m not quite sure I understand the EV tax credit, would someone mind explaining it to me? I’ve read so many Reddit posts and articles, but still don’t understand how you actually get the $7500
I looked into it and found that it works depending on your income; not everyone get the $7500 debate.

We pulled the trigger last night on our M3 RWD purchase but can switch to AWD if nec. Asking the team again, is there a risk of purchasing the M3 RWD vs M3 AWD LR for long term investment? I see the LR value dropping in a normal rate over time, but see the RWD dropping much faster at only 272 miles of range and where we will have tough competition in 2026, my example, and 300+ mile range, i.e. Kia, Hyundai, Chevy, etc. Should we change our purchase to AWD of which the current market in NY, there are none. I might have no choice. Def dont want the Perf rocket ship.

We pulled the trigger last night on our M3 RWD purchase but can switch to AWD if nec. Asking the team again, is there a risk of purchasing the M3 RWD vs M3 AWD LR for long term investment? I see the LR value dropping in a normal rate over time, but see the RWD dropping much faster at only 272 miles of range and where we will have tough competition in 2026, my example, and 300+ mile range, i.e. Kia, Hyundai, Chevy, etc. Should we change our purchase to AWD of which the current market in NY, there are none. I might have no choice. Def dont want the Perf rocket ship.
This advice might not be popular but I wouldn't look at a car as an investment. I would buy the one that suits my needs best and make sure I can afford it. After making the purchase, I wouldn't stress out about resale value. I would take good care of it, keep it for several years, and expect it to be worth a lot less when it's time to trade it in.

No one really knows but generally higher priced cars will see a greater depreciation (both in terms of absolute dollars and %-wise), the financially wiser move would be to buy the RWD in my opinion and invest the savings. But since you're in NY, the AWD and the longer range may be useful to you but only you know your usage needs. I wouldn't make the decision based on perceived future resale values especially between 2 Model 3s.

Last edited:
Reactions: kpanda17