Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 RWD Delivery Today [01.26.2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is what I've been dreaming about for 3 years. I finally took the plunge considering the discount and the $7,500 rebate.

When I arrived I seen the car parked off to the side and confirmed that it was mine with the Tesla representative. They were in the middle of a software update so it gave me a chance to do my inspections.

I was kind of concerned about the inspection beforehand after watching various YouTube videos and reading forums about some of the issues.

My daughter and I went over the paint, detail and gapping and everything seemed perfect. Then we open and closed all the doors including the trunk and the hood everything was okay. I was actually shocked by how quiet and smooth opening and shutting the doors was and my wife has Lexus for comparison.

Next I reviewed the inside of the car looking for any marks stains gaps or anything that was out of line. Everything was perfect and top quality I was very impressed.

I thought it was strange when the odometer indicated zero miles driven with a battery 258 miles available.

Everything was perfect so we accepted delivery within 30 minutes.

Next we hit the road and after 10 miles of calibration so we kicked in the auto pilot. It was so nice because after a few miles we were in heavy traffic and someone slightly ahead of us swerved over into our lanes and the car automatically veered slightly to the right and slow down.

I've heard about M3 road noise but I was quite satisfied with how quite the car was at all speed levels. The handling of the car was perfect and it was such a good experience. I'm not an audiophile but I was very satisfied with the sound system.

Tomorrow I'm getting the gen 3 charger installed.

It was a great first day and I hope to get many years out of it. In reality it's my daughter's car when she graduates from nursing school.

Fingers crossed for continued good luck and quality!

20230126_175231.jpg

thanks for the advice, but do think we are entering an interesting phase of EVs, like the second maturity wave, highland, range updates to Polestar, etc,
EVs with less than 300 mile range might depreciate faster than those at or above 300 mile range, by 2026, new buyers coming into the market might look past less than 300 mile range vehicles, hence the faster drop, as old Volt/Leaf owners are and will find out more,
those vehicles will start to drop very fast due to their limited range and the M2/MQ coming into the market, the M3 RWD is Tesla's current lost leader with the M2/MQ as the next lost leader, will be exciting

remember, the great thing about EVs and esp Tesla, they can be seen as short term investments, losing much less money than ICE, for example I am planning on a MYP trade in late fall/winter 2024 for the refreshed CT..will be exciting
Think the M3 version will be decided for me as there are no AWD LRs in the north east...its RWD or go bust

M3RWD on its way, now the rush to get vehicle accessories that protect: front license plate mount, quality mats, mud flaps, center console trays, cup holder insert, armrest pad, ceramic treat seats, key holders, center console surface wrap, curb rash rim savers, front grill mesh, jack pads, and display screen protector. Optional glass tint, front PPF, paint ceramic, door pocket inserts, larger sentry mode storage, and door sill protectors. What did I miss?

did you guys get a $200 coupon for a charger from Tesla? i booked mine this week and a friend tole me to wait as tesla will send a coupon when they assign a VIN. not sure if if they will still send after the discounts were announced.
I received my car model Y December 21st! the full electric car came without a charger! I have to pay $250 to get a mobile charger. i just learned tesla dropped drastic on this model Y. I am on the first long trip from southern to northern Calif to learn the car. the windshield Wipers kept Coming on when the car is on cruise control in sunny weather! . auto mode is on with windshields wiper when cruise control is on. You cannot turn it off! Faulty detection of rains! Does any of you know about this windshield comes on auto automatically? So annoying.!

Today is what I've been dreaming about for 3 years. I finally took the plunge considering the discount and the $7,500 rebate.

When I arrived I seen the car parked off to the side and confirmed that it was mine with the Tesla representative. They were in the middle of a software update so it gave me a chance to do my inspections.

I was kind of concerned about the inspection beforehand after watching various YouTube videos and reading forums about some of the issues.

My daughter and I went over the paint, detail and gapping and everything seemed perfect. Then we open and closed all the doors including the trunk and the hood everything was okay. I was actually shocked by how quiet and smooth opening and shutting the doors was and my wife has Lexus for comparison.

Next I reviewed the inside of the car looking for any marks stains gaps or anything that was out of line. Everything was perfect and top quality I was very impressed.

I thought it was strange when the odometer indicated zero miles driven with a battery 258 miles available.

Everything was perfect so we accepted delivery within 30 minutes.

Next we hit the road and after 10 miles of calibration so we kicked in the auto pilot. It was so nice because after a few miles we were in heavy traffic and someone slightly ahead of us swerved over into our lanes and the car automatically veered slightly to the right and slow down.

I've heard about M3 road noise but I was quite satisfied with how quite the car was at all speed levels. The handling of the car was perfect and it was such a good experience. I'm not an audiophile but I was very satisfied with the sound system.

Tomorrow I'm getting the gen 3 charger installed.

It was a great first day and I hope to get many years out of it. In reality it's my daughter's car when she graduates from nursing school.

Fingers crossed for continued good luck and quality!

View attachment 900170
Congratulations! I too bought a Model 3 RWD THE LAST week of Dec to get the $7500 discount! We love our little Silver Fix.

This advice might not be popular but I wouldn't look at a car as an investment. I would buy the one that suits my needs best and make sure I can afford it. After making the purchase, I wouldn't stress out about resale value. I would take good care of it, keep it for several years, and expect it to be worth a lot less when it's time to trade it in.

I suppose someone could look at a depreciating “asset” (it’s really a liability for most) as an investment, but I agree with your perspective. I tend to think of investments as things I expect to be worth more in the long term, and outpace interest on payments and inflation. For most people though I expect them to consider this an issue with semantics.

I tend to keep vehicles longer than most. My M3P might loose more % initially, but in 6-8 years when it’s worth a fraction of its value now, I bet the value % beats a RWD. The dual motor might just be the sweet spot for value retention, but most people should just buy the car that fits their budget and needs best, imo.

If I were one who wanted a new ride every 2-3 years I’d probably look to a lease. It might not provide the absolute best bang for the buck, but it eliminates more of the variables.

A big note with leasing and the current IRA $7500, Tesla does not give us that money. Leasing makes no sense with these credits available.
Yes, agree the AWD and or LR will drop slower in value than the RWD, but at least with 272 miles of the RWD, its way better than alot of non Tesla EVs. I liked what Elon said once, anything less than 250 miles of range is an engineering fubar. Hes an engineer at heart.

A big note with leasing and the current IRA $7500, Tesla does not give us that money. Leasing makes no sense with these credits available.
Not everyone will qualify for the incentives and over time that’ll become greater, but your point is well reasoned right now for the majority of buyers. Leasing might not make sense. For company cars or cars owned by the frugally well off the lease may still make more sense.

Again, range demands are changing in ways that are hard to predict. Covid really altered the way people move in powerful ways. There’s a great # of professionals and new business owners or consultants that have not returned to traditional offices. Their driving demands might be severely reduced, my family’s car demands have changed drastically. It seems that Mr. Musk has altered course depending on changes in social behavior pretty well so far. I am not as optimistic about a couple of his other endeavors.

remember, the great thing about EVs and esp Tesla, they can be seen as short term investments, losing much less money than ICE, for example I am planning on a MYP trade in late fall/winter 2024 for the refreshed CT..will be exciting
Think the M3 version will be decided for me as there are no AWD LRs in the north east...its RWD or go bust
Umm... I guess you have not checked values lately. With the price cuts and the tax credit, your MYP probably took at $15K+ hit. With project Highland coming, I would expect another drop in values this year beyond normal. I personally don't consider any mass produced new car an investment. Don't let a short period of time with a limited market fool you. Prices are falling and will continue to.

I've claimed the $7,500 tax credit 6 times now. I just completed my 2022 federal return today. See attachment with PII redacted.

You complete form 8936 with vehicle info and it goes as a credit on Schedule 3 and Line 20 on the 1040. All current tax software applications like TurboTax, TaxAct.com etc. will walk you through the process.

I purchased a Nissan leaf the end of last year and I am getting a refund of $6,619 vs if I hadn't purchased the Leaf I would have had to pay $881.

I have a 2023 MYAWD on order. Hopefully it will arrive in time before the $7,500 credit gets reduced so I can claim the rebate for Tax Year 2023

Attachments

• 8936-2.pdf
    131.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 8936.pdf
    133.5 KB · Views: 382