Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Smart Key Ring Unlock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also would like to learn more about the smart key ring.

With my previous car, I had an elastic string with my metal car key on it. When going to the beach I could put the elastic string with the key around my neck before going into the water. The key would not be damaged and it could not be stolen. With the Tesla I cannot do that. A smart key ring could solve the problem.

I also would like to learn more about the smart key ring.

With my previous car, I had an elastic string with my metal car key on it. When going to the beach I could put the elastic string with the key around my neck before going into the water. The key would not be damaged and it could not be stolen. With the Tesla I cannot do that. A smart key ring could solve the problem.

That's exactly what I use it for :)

The search function on the forum can really sucks but Google along with TeslaMotorClub will give you better results Key fob vs phone reliability

I've had my ring since June. It's definitely taking some abuse, pictures below. But it works majority of the time and it's mostly my fault when it doesn't. You really have to get used to the angle you position your hand to the car and I only get in and out of my car with the ring once a day, the rest of the time I have my phone on me. Is it worth the $100? Sure depending on your situation. I can't take my phone into the building so it gets locked in the car for the day.

I have it on my right hand ring finger, my left hand has my wedding band which is white gold so when washing my hands they catch each other which has led to some serious wear on the CNICK ring but it still functions just fine and the wear is only on the edges. I might switch my wedding band out for a silicon version I have but it's not my favorite.

Compare the pictures below to my original pictures Tesla model 3 finger Ring key?

Attachments

• IMG_2971.png
    IMG_2971.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_2973.png
    IMG_2973.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2972.png
    IMG_2972.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 133