Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Speakers Cutting Out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Llama.

Lurking somewhere up North
Jan 25, 2021
Who knows?
Hello all

I’ve noticed today that my rear speakers keep cutting out in my 2021 M3. Recently updated to software 2022.20.06.

When I put the balance to the front no cutting out. Full balance in back and the full range of speakers cut out momentarily about 20-30 times per minute.

I’ve tried the scroll wheel reboot to no effect.

Has anyone else had this problem. Did it need a service call out, or did it fix itself through some sort of Tesla magic.

Any thoughts much appreciated

Many thanks

Llama

Hello all

I’ve noticed today that my rear speakers keep cutting out in my 2021 M3. Recently updated to software 2022.20.06.

When I put the balance to the front no cutting out. Full balance in back and the full range of speakers cut out momentarily about 20-30 times per minute.

I’ve tried the scroll wheel reboot to no effect.

Has anyone else had this problem. Did it need a service call out, or did it fix itself through some sort of Tesla magic.

Any thoughts much appreciated

Many thanks

Llama
Same issue....I have a service appointment on August 13th. Also, did you notice that your cell phone speaker is also cutting out?

My rear speakers are also "popping".

Tesla Service did some remote diagnosis and have determined that the car needs a new amplifier. It’s booked in tomorrow for a visit tot the service centre for some final diagnosis and then likely amplifier replacement. I’ll reply with details once I have my service appt tomorrow.

Mines been playing up on and off for the last couple of months, only seems to be the sub cutting out though, sometimes when driving but very often when putting the car into park at the end of a drive.

Sometimes the bass just cuts out and comes back and sometimes all the audio goes and you get a few clicks from the speakers, until it comes back.

Had a few updates since, so maybe I need to open a case....all these type of things that seem rather common don't half make me worry about when my warranty expires.

Thread Update:

Took the car into service centre for further diagnosis. Not sure why this couldn’t have been undertaken as a remote service.

Service technician says they could see an error with the MCU communicating with the amplifier. They intended to replace the amp and had ordered one for this purpose.

On the way to service I noticed that the problem with the rear speakers seemed to have gone away and could not be replicated.

I did install software update 2022.20.7 the night before. Technician did say that this could have fixed the issue.

So I’m back to having a functioning stereo again. It appears the rear speakers cutting out was just a software glitch.