Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 SR+ AC Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m a new owner and may have a fault with my SR+. I have tried numerous times using both Destination Chargers an Type 2’s and cannot get the car to charge above 16 amps even though the EVSE’s were all rated above 16 and up to 32 amps? The EVSE’s were a mixture of single and three phase and my Type 2 cable is rated at 32 amps.

Would someone please confirm that they are able to AC charge an SR+ at 32 amps?

As far as I know you can charge an SR+ at up to 32A 3 phase = 7.5kW, or 16A 3 phase=11 kW. I don't think the car supports dual chargers like the model S/X. The old model S's supported 32A 3ph=22kW if you installed a second charger. Superchargers are a different story of course being DC current.

As far as I know you can charge an SR+ at up to 32A 3 phase = 7.5kW, or 16A 3 phase=11 kW. I don't think the car supports dual chargers like the model S/X. The old model S's supported 32A 3ph=22kW if you installed a second charger. Superchargers are a different story of course being DC current.

M3s have subchargers for each phase which can each handle 16amp.
Hence a 16amp 3p supply should give 11kW. And a 48 amp single phase supply should give 11kW.
We have tested an M3 on an old 40amp single phase HPWC and it charged at 9kW, splitting the 40amp to 13 amp over each subcharger.

Urgh finger slip I meant 32A 1 phase = 7.5kW or 16A 3 phase=11kW. Sorry.

Reactions: Shock-On-T