Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 SR+ with FSD does not sleep any longer (away from home) since v. 2021.4.15.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I installed software version 2021.4.15.x a few weeks ago I noticed that my M3 SR+ with FSD does not sleep any longer away from home. At home (connected to WIFI) the car sleeps OK.
After a soft reset (2 thumb wheels) when the car was away from home, I noticed it solved the problem and the car started sleeping again. When returning to home and driving again away from home, the problem however reoccurred, and a new soft reset (away from home was needed). I had the problem on several subversions of software 2021.4.15.
Today I moved to software version 2021.4.18 and the problem is still there (although I did proactively a soft reset in my garage after the download).
The car is driven by other people today and in the coming days, so I cannot do additionnal test in the coming days.
Doas anybody encounters the same type of problem and has a solution for it?

Have you ever used third party apps? Or logged in to abetterrouteplanner or other sites with your Tesla account?
Try changing your password in your Tesla account. Maybe the other people driving your car are using your account in one way or another.

Edit: Apps and sites could still be polling your car from their servers even after removing the apps or cookies or credentials from your devices.

Last edited: