Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 standard draining when parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model 3 Standard range. I realized that my car is loosing 1-2 percent when parked for for an hour.

I then signed up for TeslaFi to see if it would tell me what was wrong. It seems like my car just idols and sued by actually sleep. I enabled the sleep settings.
Time to sleep 20
Idle time before sleep 20
Try To Sleep Requirements
No Shift State Reading checked

I also enabled night time Tesla sleep mode.

I read the raw logs and all it says is trying to sleep and vehicle did not sleep after the counting down.

Also Scheduled Sleep Mode Active and then vehicle did not sleep.

Some time it idles 14h and lose 2-3kwh per day.

Any suggestions? I called Tesla they said everything seems normally. Also it could be sentry mode but at home it’s disabled. Same trend.

Is cabin overheat protection on? That could be a source of the drain to keep the cabin from getting too hot and kicking on the A/C. I usually garage park my M3. But when I have to street park, I'll lose some overnight. Maybe up to 25 miles was the last time I street parked when the outside temp was in the 90's.

Is cabin overheat protection on? That could be a source of the drain to keep the cabin from getting too hot and kicking on the A/C. I usually garage park my M3. But when I have to street park, I'll lose some overnight. Maybe up to 25 miles was the last time I street parked when the outside temp was in the 90's.
It is on but garage parked at work and home. It does get got here but I noticed the drain overnight as well. What temperature does it kick on at. My car in the garage is normally 85-90F

How much battery does sentry drain? I asked Tesla they said they don’t see a Sentry drain. I do leave it on away from home.
With Teslafi it seems like the car is idle vs sleeping. Will sentry keep it in idle?
Sentry mode drains 1-2 miles per hour (so somewhere between 24 and 48 miles per day).

if you are troubleshooting "drain" turn off sentry mode completely (disable any location aware activations or non activations). Also change your password and uninstall teslafi, since incorrect settings in that application will also cause drain.

Turn off wifi, and data sharing. and cabin overheat protection.. outside temp does not = inside temp... if you are troubleshooting drain that is bothering you, turn it all OFF.

Then test.

Then, once you have the car not draining more than 1-3 miles per day, start turning things back on (teslfi last in my opinion).

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H