Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Stealth Performance vs LR AWD

Do you agree?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I too have a Stealth Performance but with 19's and I agree the acceleration will push u back into your seat. The only way to make your car smoother is to change it to Chill mode, rather than Sport. Of course, you will lose significant power but it does drive a lot smoother.
I mean, you can just not press the acceleration peddle quite as far/quick, right? There is nothing about the P that forces you to not be able to drive it exactly like a non-P Dual Motor, by just modulating your pedal pressure, right?

I haven't driven a P, whether + or -, but I do have a LR AWD, and now LR AWD with the Accel boost, and I find it very smooth to drive.
Was the accel boost worth it to you? What is the difference in performance? I read it is mostly increased speed after launch. Standard AWD already has pretty good jump, but does the accel boost really improve the launch?

Reactions: Quorky
I have the LR AWD with boost, and that upgrade was quite noticeable. I really wish they would release the full P software update! Acceleration is addicting.
Yes even for non-car nuts like my wife, what I call its "point and squirt" acceleration is incredibly addicting. She says that she does this every chance she can that's safe, and to use her words, "it never gets old." The fact that Max acceleration makes no noise and draws no untoward attention to you from any potential popos in the immediate area is another Plus. It's just way more responsive than even the most powerful internal combustion car. There's no drama, no noise, just pure go. Last but not least because this does not really impact your range that dramatically, unlike a gasoline-powered car where your mileage craters if you run it up to redline in just the first two gears, this is another Plus. Could never go back!

Reactions: El joe and Dayreg
I mean, you can just not press the acceleration peddle quite as far/quick, right? There is nothing about the P that forces you to not be able to drive it exactly like a non-P Dual Motor, by just modulating your pedal pressure, right?
Yes, exactly. I have a “stealth” 2018 Performance Model 3 – now for sale as I bought the “stealth” version of the Performance Model Y to replace it earlier this year, just before it was discontinued.

There is no need to make the ride “jerky” or to press anyone into their seat. You can accelerate as smoothly or slowly as you like, without ever engaging “Chill” mode. However, I’ve experienced riding with people who are rough on the accelerator, even in non-electric vehicles. Or they seem unable to travel at a constant speed. They continually accelerate and decelerate. It’s unpleasant.

Anyway, back to the performance Model 3 – it’s absolutely fun to have that acceleration on tap, but it’s also easy to never reveal it. I will say there’s quite a noticeable difference between the Model 3 and Y Performance versions and the 3 is much more fun and more planted, but I really wanted the extra room in the Y.

Reactions: dfwatt