Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Still on 2019.20.4.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, I am having the same issue. I used to be able to get updates couple of days later after big push on Tesla FI but now I have no update notifications.

My last update I had to request a push for latest software at SC appointment I made to pick up HVOC filters. SC pushed 28.3.1, updated from 20.4.4.

My car connects everyday to Wifi, full bars... I wish Tesla allows users to run a firmware update from settings on the car, kind of similar to checking drivers on local computer. Right now it appears that the car does not check to ensure it has latest software update until it gets pushed from Tesla or SC....

Hey all, thanks for the replies. I started with a customer service chat and the rep initially said, "don't worry; be happy." Then as I was about to wrap it up, he said "actually, you need to take the car in for a quick update." So I scheduled service and unfortunately did have to actually take the car in. They gave me a Model S loaner and my car was done in less than 24 hours, so it was not too painful in the end. The rep at the service center told me something like that the updater firmware had become corrupted or something like that. The car ran two software updates in service and it's run one or two since, as well. Now on 2019.32.11.1.