Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 taking over :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No surprise to most I guess but...

... when I got my MX back in late 2018 I’d hardly ever see a Tesla, proper rare beast And even this UK forum was relatively quiet, flash forward less than 2 years And the M3 is literally everywhere, got about three in my street alone.

just amazing how the adoption of EVs has accelerated in such a small space of time.

another two years we’ll have the Y and maybe the cybertruck gonna be amazing

Yup, we noticed the same thing. When getting our X in late 2016, most people asking about the car didn't even know what it was. Now 3s are everywhere. I guess that is a good thing, except we notice the superchargers in various areas are more full these days.

No surprise to most I guess but...

... when I got my MX back in late 2018 I’d hardly ever see a Tesla, proper rare beast And even this UK forum was relatively quiet, flash forward less than 2 years And the M3 is literally everywhere, got about three in my street alone.

just amazing how the adoption of EVs has accelerated in such a small space of time.

another two years we’ll have the Y and maybe the cybertruck gonna be amazing
I think us M3 owners need to give you, the S and X owners (and of course the other early adopters with other manufacturers) A huge thank you. If it wasn't for all your passion in buying in to the electric revolution I would not have a little Model 3 sitting outside and improving the air quality for my children :)

Interesting question. I was sat in an SC at the start of the year listening to the sales guys telling a customer that whatever you normally drive a year expect to do more if you buy a Tesla.

I had a giggle but she’s right my MX spent three months in the SC in the first year and I still did 13k miles in the first year :p

literally any excuse to drive, I recall driving to tebay services once for a brownie, they are good though....

teslamate.jpg

one thing I love about tbay, they get busy so much So they have people in the car park directing you were to go. Been a couple times when it’s been full yet they always keep the super chargers empty for us lot which is nice and fedora get some “looks could kill” looks from people who are waiting for a bay :p

Get a visit in. I also did Gretna green one day and Newcastle another... was bored so what ya gonna do

one thing I love about tbay, they get busy so much So they have people in the car park directing you were to go. Been a couple times when it’s been full yet they always keep the super chargers empty for us lot which is nice and fedora get some “looks could kill” looks from people who are waiting for a bay

I'll have to wait until my SoC is down to about 40% to make it worth my while!

I wonder when all these new M3s will mean queuing for supercharging becomes common. Will Tesla be able to keep pace expanding the SCing infrastructure? Our private SCing network is one of their big selling points but the gloss will come off if and when waiting for a bay becomes frequent.

I wonder when all these new M3s will mean queuing for supercharging becomes common. Will Tesla be able to keep pace expanding the SCing infrastructure? Our private SCing network is one of their big selling points but the gloss will come off if and when waiting for a bay becomes frequent.
(My guess!) I don’t think waiting for SuC's will be a huge problem as the UK is a tiny island compared to USA so distance is small in comparison. Most of our long journeys maybe 100-200miles and infrequent, and most EV drivers will charge at home/work or at the destination (if available). The only time I see busy periods would be Bank Holidays and Summer Holidays where people will be travelling to their "get away" location.