Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Tire Wear After Accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few months ago I hit a deer at 75mph and it impacted directly into the left headlight and destroyed the headlight and pushed the front fender into the wheel. I think it happened with 7k miles on the Model 3. Got the car back, everything seems fine until I notice when I drive at night the left headlight intermittently flashes (rarely drive at night) I recently had my tires rotated at 9k miles and the Tesla mobile service person said my tires are worn very unevenly and I need an alignment/balance. I feel like the repair shop that I took the car to should have noted the worn tires or should have done an alignment. Should I go after the shop for new tires, alignment, etc? I would take it back to the shop but of course I got it fixed 10 hours away where the accident occurred so thats not really feasible. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Does the invoice say the did an alignment?
Even if the repair did an alignment, they probably won't pay for the tires. More likely they would just give OP another free alignment. Years ago, when I changed my tires, the tire shop recommended alignment even though the wear on the old tires was perfectly fine. Stupid as I was, I let them do it. 10,000 miles later (only about 3 months as I drove a lot), I found the inside the tires were almost completely gone. I took it back to the tire shop and all they would do was give me a free alignment. I took the car else where after that. This was at JustTire by the way.