Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 vs Model Y vs MS vs i-Pace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is getting interesting! Our next car WILL be an EV and preferably a Tesla and preferably an suv - ie a Model Y. (MX too big and FWD which we don't need)

We have a reservation for the M3 but would prefer a MY and may 'transfer' the reservation to an MY (if and when...).

Still considering an MS though for the hatchback and size - would have to be a CPO then.

BUT now Jaguar has shown the I-Pace and it looks a pretty perfect mix of MS and MY and almost a Tesla clone! So I have 'expressed interest' on the Jag website for mid-late 2018 delivery.......

As we are in South Africa we have no idea when Tesla will get here properly but Jaguar have a big presence here and have the I-Pace on their website here already.

OK so we need two cars - grab the I-Pace in 2018 and still take the M3 when it gets here in SA in - what? - 2019....

The ipace from jaguar is a concept car but it was stunning looking....price will be 100 plus thousand...

I'm not a fan of the tesla x styling...I love the model s and 3. I have a reservation for the model three and expect to own one...the model y hopefully will be more like the ipace and less like the model x...

Jaguar have said that it is only a 'concept' in that it is not a 'production' version but that it will be very similar in production and cost less than 10% more than an F-Pace - so around 55 000 pounds (UK)

Maybe, just maybe, it is only a concept to check out the response and if poor it may just 'fade away'............!

It should be one-step up on the MY in cost and size - they say it is the size of a Macan............

mmm What's with the ugly grille in the front that serves no purpose? Could they not design a car from the ground up?

The back end looks like an Aztek. Yuck :( I would have expected more from Jaguar.

Jaguar-IPace-Concept-car-driving-4.jpg

LeMons-Wish-List-Pontiac-Aztek.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: nd4spd569
mmm What's with the ugly grille in the front that serves no purpose? Could they not design a car from the ground up?
And then put on a bland boring nose like the Model 3 that does not look good and transports zero brand identity? If I didn't know the Model 3 was a Tesla and there wasn't a logo on the hood I honestly would not be able to tell from the front. Looks more like a Chinese 911 than a Model S. The I-Pace on the other hand is much easier to recognizable as Jaguar.

And I don't see much of the Aztek resemblance. The Model X with the very flat rear looks far more looks like the Aztek than this.
jaguar-i-pace-la-auto-show-rear-quarter.jpg

Wow. That's not your gradma's Jag... and I don't mean that in a complimentary way. Sort of looks like chevy volt. Not sure why the big fossil fuel burners feel that an electric car needs to be weird looking.

The model s is the best looking in my opinion. A perfect blend, elegant, sporty, just enough difference from the pack to be noticed to those looking.

Reactions: melindav