Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 vs MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all
First time posting here, and I apologise if this has been asked/answered already.
I have been looking for a long time at getting a M3, the boot size/space is the only thing that has been putting me off. So I have been waiting for most of 2021 for the release of the MY, finally, we're able to order them, but that price is really putting me off! In comparison o the M3, I would be paying another 13k for the MY and all I'm really gaining is the bigger boot. I do have two kids (11 and 9), and a dog, so the boot is very important, but is it 13k important?!
Just wondering if I could get some real world views on the M3, and what its honestly like to live with for a family of 4?
I think 90% of the year it would be fine, but it would be longer journey, trips with the dogs, holidays, particularly holidays abroad where you need space for several suitcases etc.
Would really appreciate any thoughts on this
Thanks in advance :)
You can get an 18 reg Model X for ~58k that would fit your needs

Model S is also a hatchback. ~ 41k for an 18 reg

Don't go for anything older than 18 because it might not have sentry mode.

Unless you're really set waiting for a year for MY. You can get the MX now, drive it for 2 years then get a new MY. These cars hold their value really well.

Like others have said the dog is the problem for M3. Can’t put it in the boot of M3, we have a (big) golden retriever and two 6ft+ teenagers and it’s a squish (and a big no if he’s wet/muddy) to get him in the middle of back seat. That said, doesn’t often happen.
we will swap to MY when out and use the boot. Extra £ for us is worth it and the M3 prices have held up exceptionally well.

will look at MY ride quality though

Reactions: Campi
You can get full rear seat covers fairly cheaply, we've done this with 2 adults and a dog in the middle of them on the back seat when the iPace boot was full with dog cage and other things! Just make sure the dog has a car harness that clips into the seat belt
IMG_2356.jpeg