Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Washington State EV Sales Tax Incentives

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone buy a M3 recently and live in Washington state? Washington state has a sales tax incentives for new EV purchase under $45k. The incentives gives no sales tax for the first $20k currently. My understanding was this sales tax is taken off a point of sale, as Washington has no state income tax to reimbursed. When I review my order final price sheet, I wasn't given any tax savings for my M3 RWD?

I'm wondering if the M3 no longer qualifies as the delivery fee will push the M3 pass $45k.

Not recent experience but should apply here, when I bought my 2020 M3SR+ the tax credit was taken off at point of sale, essentially Tesla only collected sales tax beyond the incentive amount (I thought it was $25k at that time). They count the vehicle sale price as vehicle base + options (including software) + destination/delivery + doc fee. They don't count tax and registration. Sounds like yours pushed it beyond the threshold.