Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Windshield Replacement GTA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings everyone. Windshield crack on my 2018 M3 LR. Will need replacement. Apologies if this has already been asked but is this something that requires the Tesla shop or are we now seeing 3rd party vendors dealing with this type of work? I am in the GTA. Thanks!

Greetings everyone. Windshield crack on my 2018 M3 LR. Will need replacement. Apologies if this has already been asked but is this something that requires the Tesla shop or are we now seeing 3rd party vendors dealing with this type of work? I am in the GTA. Thanks!
I had to replace the windshield on my Model Y this year and I asked around on this form and the local (Edmonton) repair places and was told by several places that only Tesla makes the windshields and at this time no one else is making replacement windshields for the Model 3 & Y.

Reactions: Bytor and Vawlkus
So just received my M3 back from Tesla with the windshield fixed: 1300$. Could not find any 3rd party companies to handle this. Talked to my insurance who advised that only Tesla is able to fix this and that you would have to go through a reimbursement claim instead of working a claim through the Tesla service shop. Not sure if I’ll go through insurance. Hoping this is a one time event !🤞

So just received my M3 back from Tesla with the windshield fixed: 1300$. Could not find any 3rd party companies to handle this. Talked to my insurance who advised that only Tesla is able to fix this and that you would have to go through a reimbursement claim instead of working a claim through the Tesla service shop. Not sure if I’ll go through insurance. Hoping this is a one time event !🤞
As I recall, this is an average price for higher end windshields. Heck , Corvette C6, would’ve run me in the $1,600 as did my 2006 Saab Aero 9-5 at the time.

Reactions: Bytor
It has to be either a Tesla service shop or a third party shop certified by Tesla because after the windshield is replaced there’s a manual camera adjustment that has to happen.

Reactions: Bytor