Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 windshield replacement Vancouver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, took a rock on my 2021 M3 windshield and now need a replacement. Tesla quoted a cost of $1200 so looking to go through insurance. Tesla doesn’t process ICBC claims. I have coverage with BCAA so will need to find out what they recommend. Hoping I can make a claim and get approved to go with Tesla and get reimbursed (less deductible) but wanted to explore options in case they are needed

If you have had a windshield replacement done and have recommendations in the Vancouver area, please share your experience.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, took a rock on my 2021 M3 windshield and now need a replacement. Tesla quoted a cost of $1200 so looking to go through insurance. Tesla doesn’t process ICBC claims. I have coverage with BCAA so will need to find out what they recommend. Hoping I can make a claim and get approved to go with Tesla and get reimbursed (less deductible) but wanted to explore options in case they are needed

If you have had a windshield replacement done and have recommendations in the Vancouver area, please share your experience.

Thanks!
Likely it’ll have to go to a Tesla shop for camera alignment at the very least. That’s not something your average glass shop can handle.

Reactions: Eastvanbarista
I had mine replaced at Burrard Autostrasse. It took 4 weeks to get the windshield ordered from Tesla as it is the only supplier for this part. Then it took a few weeks to book an appointment. A friend of mine brought theirs to A1 and they have a lot of locations. A1 seems to be much faster for turnaround time. Main thing is to make sure auto body shop ordered the windshield and keep following up with them. Otherwise they may use the windshield they ordered for you on someone else’s car since there seems to be a backlog.

I had mine replaced at Burrard Autostrasse. It took 4 weeks to get the windshield ordered from Tesla as it is the only supplier for this part. Then it took a few weeks to book an appointment. A friend of mine brought theirs to A1 and they have a lot of locations. A1 seems to be much faster for turnaround time. Main thing is to make sure auto body shop ordered the windshield and keep following up with them. Otherwise they may use the windshield they ordered for you on someone else’s car since there seems to be a backlog.
Thanks for the information gyozaman. I was thinking it would take 6-8 weeks given that parts deliveries are generally longer these days.