TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

M3 with a broken mic turns out to be a HW3 issue

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by artemis-cat, May 16, 2019.

1. artemis-cat

artemis-cat New Member

Anyone else get a new M3 with a HW3 computer that needed to be replaced?

Got my M3 SR+ on May 3rd. One week later, I noticed that the mic didn't work. Took it to the service center and learned that there is a chip in HW3 that's not working right.

So now I'm waiting for them to get a brand new HW3 computer shipped so they can replace the broken one.

Am I the only one with this edge case?

On the bright side I'm using a MS75D loaner . But with no autopilot .

• Informative x 1
  2. Coulomb_Cowboy

Got my M3LR mid April, so I assume if has HW3. So far no issues, but navigate on autopilot does not allow no confirmation lane changes. I believe that's a limitation of having HW3.

3. artemis-cat

artemis-cat New Member

oh yea. I noticed that option isn't on my car as well. Glad to know that its just a HW3 thats will come back soon. :)

4. GolanB

GolanB Supporting Member

I'm glad I'm not one of the first to receive HW3; right now there is no direct benefit in terms of AP features - so I'd prefer to be on the waiting list while the early production bugs are worked out.

• Like x 1