Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • The final cut of TMC Podcast #34 is available now with topics timestamped. We covered Tesla's rollercoaster prices, Toyota pushing junk science, Mike's new Model 3, Optimizing track mode for snow driving, FSD V11 apparently coming by the end of this week, and more. You can watch and check out the chat replay on YouTube.

M3 with April manufacturing date

What is the manufacturing date of your M3

• March 2019 or earlier

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • April 2019

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • May 2019

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June 2019

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Still waiting for my M3

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
There seems to be the understanding that Tesla is producing only for Europe and China in the first month of the quarter (April) This poll should help test that theory.

If you have a recent delivery check to see the manufacturing date, and answer the poll accordingly. You can change your vote, if you move from waiting, to getting your car.
Thanks

Last edited:

Knightshade

Jul 31, 2017
NC
There seems to be the understanding that Tesla is producing only for Europe and China in the first month of the quarter (April) This poll should help test that theory.

If you have a recent delivery check to see the manufacturing date, and answer the poll accordingly. You can change your vote, if you move from waiting, to getting your car.
Thanks

Gigagrunt (who appears to work at the Gigafactory) already said that theory (Troys) was wrong and that Freemont was doing North American production currently.

Leafdriver333

Somewhat Active Member
Mar 21, 2019
usa

Thanks
I took delivery on 3/31.
Manufactured in March. Pretty fresh.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Gigagrunt (who appears to work at the Gigafactory) already said that theory (Troys) was wrong and that Freemont was doing North American production currently.

That’s interesting. M3 inventory is now online, and there is none in my area (Canada ) since March. A lot of people waiting up here, and only relocated inventory from last quarter showing up. I really hope I get proven wrong on this assumption, as still waiting for My March 2nd order SR+.
Tesla puts new Model 3 inventory online for browsing and ‘immediate’ delivery

The limited sample poll in this thread, is still not showing April production. I believe you need to cast a vote to see the results.

Congrats! How is the car looking? (build quality, panel gaps, paint etc.)

The paint is absolutely fantastic. I told them not to touch the car is it was getting a coating the day after delivery. No swirls, no paint runs, drips etc.. I have a good friend that's been a detailer for 25+ years, he told me Tesla's white paint is by far their best, but told me to expect to need a decent level of correction prior to the coat. It ended up needing almost nothing.

There was a pinhead sized spec near a taillight that came out with a light polish and clay.

Body fitment is good, the drivers door alignment isn't perfect so service is going to fix that next week.

One of the blindspot cameras keeps saying that's it's view is obstructed, so they'll look at that then too.

• Informative
Reactions: Probllama

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC