Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 with Laggy and Glitchy MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Llama.

Lurking somewhere up North
Jan 25, 2021
Who knows?
Hello all

I’ve been experiencing some lack of responsiveness on my model 3 touchscreen and wanted to check if this is normal or if there is an issue that needs addressing .

I’m finding that Spotify will sometimes not display or load my content at all. Other times it won’t switch from radio to Spotify or vise versa.

This behaviour does not seem to be linked to network access. As it happens on WiFi connected at home, when connected to a 5Gb phone hotspot or using its own internal 4G

A reset using the two scroll wheels does seem to help though. And the screen seems more responsive after this.

Also it can take over a minute to load my sentry mode clips as well.

Is this normal behaviour? Do I need Tesla to take a look?

Thanks

Llama

Reactions: rcotgrov
Spotify usually takes about 5-10 minutes to work for me but I’m not sure if that’s due to signal issues or what but very annoying
Can't say I've had that exact issue. Is that a consistent 5-10 mins every time you set off? For me the hang-ups are totally random. Current software release seems to have a Spotify bug. Both our M3 and MY have had the same issue. Loading wheel of eternity for several minutes at random times and then working fine again for a while. Nothing to do with signal. In the last 12 months Spotify was working very nicely in our M3 with very few hang-ups. But the last couple of software updates appear to have broken it. Spotify in our older MX was very unreliable for most of the 4 years we had it. It got better along the way and then got worse again. I fear history repeating!

I sometimes get the blank Spotify screen when trying to switch playlists. Also sometimes it just won't play a song at all. Once it's playing it tends to work fine.

This is not unique to Tesla. I had very similar issues when using Android Auto in my ID.3. The problems look a bit different due to the differences in UI, but it had the same symptoms of being unable to switch playlists or sometimes refusing to start playing at all. I think it's a Spotify backend problem with the systems cars use to stream from more than a car issue.

I sometimes get the blank Spotify screen when trying to switch playlists. Also sometimes it just won't play a song at all. Once it's playing it tends to work fine.

This is not unique to Tesla. I had very similar issues when using Android Auto in my ID.3. The problems look a bit different due to the differences in UI, but it had the same symptoms of being unable to switch playlists or sometimes refusing to start playing at all. I think it's a Spotify backend problem with the systems cars use to stream from more than a car issue.

I think that's it. On the whole Spotify works well in the M3/Y but certainly not glitch free. The current bug seems to manifest in attempting to load playlists and never getting past the loading wheel. But it continues playing whatever tracks you had going at the time and eventually recovers without resorting to a re-boot. This is quite a recent bug (last few weeks only) and before that it was pretty flawless. IME Tesla usually resolve these glitches sooner or later, but there's always another lurking around the corner! Probably some change Spotify made at their end.

Can't say I've had that exact issue. Is that a consistent 5-10 mins every time you set off? For me the hang-ups are totally random. Current software release seems to have a Spotify bug. Both our M3 and MY have had the same issue. Loading wheel of eternity for several minutes at random times and then working fine again for a while. Nothing to do with signal. In the last 12 months Spotify was working very nicely in our M3 with very few hang-ups. But the last couple of software updates appear to have broken it. Spotify in our older MX was very unreliable for most of the 4 years we had it. It got better along the way and then got worse again. I fear history repeating!
Since getting the Y usually can’t list anything on Spotify for 5-10 mins worked fine on the 3.

Hello all

I’ve been experiencing some lack of responsiveness on my model 3 touchscreen and wanted to check if this is normal or if there is an issue that needs addressing .

I’m finding that Spotify will sometimes not display or load my content at all. Other times it won’t switch from radio to Spotify or vise versa.

This behaviour does not seem to be linked to network access. As it happens on WiFi connected at home, when connected to a 5Gb phone hotspot or using its own internal 4G

A reset using the two scroll wheels does seem to help though. And the screen seems more responsive after this.

Also it can take over a minute to load my sentry mode clips as well.

Is this normal behaviour? Do I need Tesla to take a look?

Thanks

Llama

I am currently raising this with Tesla via their only support method of booking an appointment, text back/forth. They need to find a better way to allow reporting and having people help them fix software bugs which this clearly is.

I am currently raising this with Tesla via their only support method of booking an appointment, text back/forth. They need to find a better way to allow reporting and having people help them fix software bugs which this clearly is.
It is ridiculous, I gave up trying to report on the lack of voice control ability its like speaking to a brick wall, people still reporting 2 years later that they are working on it

Reactions: rcotgrov