Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 won’t take Zappi excess solar, but MY will?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Dec 2021 MIC M3LR and a Apr 2022 MIC MYLR. I use a MyEnergi Zappi 2.1 (Wi-Fi) to charge at home and use excess solar.

The Model 3 won’t accept charge from Eco + mode (uses excess solar only) at any time, whereas the Model Y happily accepts whatever the Zappi puts its way. When the Model 3 is plugged in on a good solar day, the Xappi simply says ‘waiting for excess’ and the car never charges. The Model Y works as expected.

Has anybody else experienced a similar issue and do you know of any fixes? The Model 3 charges normal from the Zappi when using scheduled boost or similar fast charge modes.

Because the Zappi works for one Tesla and not the other, this feels like a Tesla issue, not a MyEnergi issue.

Thanks,

I have a Dec 2021 MIC M3LR and a Apr 2022 MIC MYLR. I use a MyEnergi Zappi 2.1 (Wi-Fi) to charge at home and use excess solar.

The Model 3 won’t accept charge from Eco + mode (uses excess solar only) at any time, whereas the Model Y happily accepts whatever the Zappi puts its way. When the Model 3 is plugged in on a good solar day, the Xappi simply says ‘waiting for excess’ and the car never charges. The Model Y works as expected.

Has anybody else experienced a similar issue and do you know of any fixes? The Model 3 charges normal from the Zappi when using scheduled boost or similar fast charge modes.

Because the Zappi works for one Tesla and not the other, this feels like a Tesla issue, not a MyEnergi issue.

Thanks,

Have you definitely cleared any scheduled settings on the Model 3 ?

My M3 charges OK with excess solar from the Zappi. Only problem noted following a recent Tesla s/w update is that if the car has completed an overnight charge to, say, 70% and I increase the charge level in the app to take advantage of solar the Zappi will sit saying charge completed until I unplug and plug in again. This didn’t used to be the case and has resulted from a Tesla s/w change. If your solar charging is stuck might be worth trying to reconnect.

My M3 charges OK with excess solar from the Zappi. Only problem noted following a recent Tesla s/w update is that if the car has completed an overnight charge to, say, 70% and I increase the charge level in the app to take advantage of solar the Zappi will sit saying charge completed until I unplug and plug in again. This didn’t used to be the case and has resulted from a Tesla s/w change. If your solar charging is stuck might be worth trying to reconnect.
Thanks for the reply. Haven’t had a charge complete message for the M3. Doesn’t seem to be any software lock up that I can see.

are you certain there are no outside influences on the M3? For example, EV.Energy? Easiest way to check is to change your Tesla account password to stop outside influences.

Though it’s rather surprising the Zappi isn’t throwing up any errors or other status changes? If the Zappi tries to charge and the car refuses, the Zappi should come up with something, such as “charge delayed” or something along those lines.

For what it’s worth, our M3 March 2021 works flawlessly with our Zappi 2.

are you certain there are no outside influences on the M3? For example, EV.Energy? Easiest way to check is to change your Tesla account password to stop outside influences.

Though it’s rather surprising the Zappi isn’t throwing up any errors or other status changes? If the Zappi tries to charge and the car refuses, the Zappi should come up with something, such as “charge delayed” or something along those lines.

For what it’s worth, our M3 March 2021 works flawlessly with our Zappi 2.
Thanks for the response. Have replied to you on the myEnergi forum.