Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 wrap costs (XPEL and color change)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having done XPEL on a MS we owned in 2013, I am thinking we want to wrap our M3 as well. I looked over a few threads on the topic and didn't get a real clear picture (apologies if I missed some relevant ones). Has anyone either wrapped their M3 already or been quoted rates?

Happy to hear about partial wraps and other stories, but I am mainly curious about:
  • Full body XPEL wrap
  • Full body paint color change wraps (taking our red M3 to a flat red M3)
I know the rates can vary somewhat depending on the area. I'm in north TX. Any recommendations in the area are appreciated, too.

Got standard pricing for Xpel + Opticoat in Sacramento area -- $3695. The Xpel is full front + doors + rear bumper and misc stuff (E.G door sills) by an extremely good detailer. Very nice work imho, hard to find a single seam.

I don't think full XPEL is worth it, pricing I was quoted was $5000-6000.

Full Xpel Ultimate. No color change. Picking up in 4 hours. Will be posting on Instagram since the uploader here jams me up 1 out of 4 times. Always on the best photo angle of course.

model3roadtrip on Instagramcracker.

Was quoted $4300 for full by previous installer

Ended up choosing same person that does my tint for $3975. Promised I would give them a shot. Has done many model S. I am sure that it was the first M3 had something to do with price.

As always I think that this keeps my sanity and is worth every penny. Still just a car, but for the number of rock explosions I have seen on my Model S front it keeps me a believer.

@XPEL

• Informative
Reactions: F_T_K
Full Xpel Ultimate. No color change. Picking up in 4 hours. Will be posting on Instagram since the uploader here jams me up 1 out of 4 times. Always on the best photo angle of course.

model3roadtrip on Instagramcracker.

Was quoted $4300 for full by previous installer

Ended up choosing same person that does my tint for $3975. Promised I would give them a shot. Has done many model S. I am sure that it was the first M3 had something to do with price.

As always I think that this keeps my sanity and is worth every penny. Still just a car, but for the number of rock explosions I have seen on my Model S front it keeps me a believer.

@XPEL

$4k is pretty reasonable. See $6k+ a lot. But not sure if those are anecdotal or if people are really checking around.

Hope you are happy. Love to see pics.

I am deciding on this too. Gotten quotes from local XPEL dealers. Best price from XPEL recommended dealer has only been in business since 2014....Would you still give them a shot? If they ultimately disappear, and you have a 10 year warranty, who would want to perform warranty work?

I got quoted for $1900 full front wrap (front bumper, hood, fenders and mirrors) in LA. Still debating if I want to do it since wife will probably be driving the car for most of the time and she doesn’t care how dirty / scratched the car gets...

May help resell value years down the road, but probably won’t sell $1900 more compared to an unwrapped car.

If you check on craigslist there are a lot of professional shop installers that do it out of their garages on the weekend for a LOT cheaper (~$2k for full wrap). They have the experience but none of the business overhead.

Definitely a bit riskier than going to a shop, but if you get chance to check their prior work it might be worth it.

I have never done a wrap on my vehicle before. I like the idea and would love it but I just can’t justify the cost on the 3. If anything maybe I’ll do some limited front wrap. I’ve heard costs in line with 4.5Kish for a full body wrap in the Midwest area.

If you check on craigslist there are a lot of professional shop installers that do it out of their garages on the weekend for a LOT cheaper (~$2k for full wrap). They have the experience but none of the business overhead.

Definitely a bit riskier than going to a shop, but if you get chance to check their prior work it might be worth it.

May check into that. A little nervous without the warranty.

After having done XPEL on a MS we owned in 2013, I am thinking we want to wrap our M3 as well. I looked over a few threads on the topic and didn't get a real clear picture (apologies if I missed some relevant ones). Has anyone either wrapped their M3 already or been quoted rates?

Happy to hear about partial wraps and other stories, but I am mainly curious about:
  • Full body XPEL wrap
  • Full body paint color change wraps (taking our red M3 to a flat red M3)
I know the rates can vary somewhat depending on the area. I'm in north TX. Any recommendations in the area are appreciated, too.

Johnnymack2,

Congrats on the M3, we absolutely love those and have seen quite a few through our doors so far. We already have FULL PATTERNS for the Model 3 as well. XPEL Model 3 Patterns - CLICK HERE

Regarding your questions on coverage, on a Model 3 we would at the very minimum do the full front end. This includes the full hood, full front fenders, headlights, front bumper, and side mirrors. This package ranges from $1,895 - $2,195.

If we're doing a full XPEL ULTIMATE clear wrap, it would range from $5,500 - $8,500 +*
If we're doing a color change from gloss red to matte/flat red we could use our XPEL STEALTH Satin Film which still has a 10 year warranty, is self-healing, and easy to clean...this package from range from $6,500 - 9,000 +*

***Labor rates vary based on location, installer experience, and the amount of wrapping that will be involved. For a STEALTH wrap it's common to remove body panels to wrap edges so it's less noticeable. This just means more labor hours.***

For those asking about installer locations, we have a global installer base here - XPEL Installers CLICK HERE

Let us know if we can help answer any other questions. We're here to help.

• Informative
Reactions: F_T_K
I got a full custom exterior Suntek wrap plus 3M Crystalline tint on everything but the windshield done for a bit over $6k. That did include a matte wrap for the center console. "Custom" is wrapped edges vs the kits that are precut where you see the edges.

Expensive, but from an Suntek/Xpel/3M authorized shop where I had previously had good work done on my S.

Got a door scrape from another car in a parking lot not 2 days later that was only in the film. Sanity saved.

Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq