Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3LR best time to order for June delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all.

Looking to order an M3LR for a June delivery (when current business lease contract ends).

Is it best to wait until March April time to ensure i get allocated a newer vehicle, with possibly an increase in spec (heated steering wheel, adjustable suspension etc)? I was just a little concerned if i order one now I may get allocated a current stock vehicle & have it sat around until June.

Many thanks.

most deliveries happen in the last month of a quarter. So June is a good time to want one.
If you order in March or April it will be too late for the March deliveries and you will probably get one in June or late May
But there is nothing to stop you ordering early, like now, to lock in the current price and grant level and if allocated one sooner say circs have changed and ask to defer it until June That is what I did. Ordered July, Deferred on a car offered for September. Asked for November. Got car in November and paid the July price ( which had gone up by over £1000 between times :) )

most deliveries happen in the last month of a quarter. So June is a good time to want one.
If you order in March or April it will be too late for the March deliveries and you will probably get one in June or late May
But there is nothing to stop you ordering early, like now, to lock in the current price and grant level and if allocated one sooner say circs have changed and ask to defer it until June That is what I did. Ordered July, Deferred on a car offered for September. Asked for November. Got car in November and paid the July price ( which had gone up by over £1000 between times :) )

Thanks Jason. Seems like i may as well hold off for a couple of weeks & order the start of March...Assuming prices don't change on the LR of course.

I would place the order now. Then just keep telling them that you can't accept the car when they contact you - they will defer until the next batch of cars arrives.

When you get allocated a VIN you can check that you have the latest version - there is a lot of information on this forum that helps you check that the VIN you are allocated is the latest version.

Greetings all.

Looking to order an M3LR for a June delivery (when current business lease contract ends).

Is it best to wait until March April time to ensure i get allocated a newer vehicle, with possibly an increase in spec (heated steering wheel, adjustable suspension etc)? I was just a little concerned if i order one now I may get allocated a current stock vehicle & have it sat around until June.

Many thanks.
When you say newer, are you talking about a 2021 model as opposed to a 2020? Can't see any 2020 available on Tesla website.

Or just delaying to get newest possible revision?

I have done just that , told Tesla I can’t take delivery until May at least, for the same reason, battery confusion. unfortunately it looks like the UK will be getting the LG battery’s for the LR MIC cars, not like the US as they look to be getting the new bigger 82 kWh panasonic for the LR and Performance, time Will tell if this is correct as and when the UK reports on this site start to arrive in the next 4 weeks or so..

Just delaying to get the newest possible revision.

Not all revisions improve things, people on the continent who have the LFP battery in the SR+ are struggling with cold weather performance. Even the heat pump in the 2021 seems to be a mixed blessing. 2020 model also lost a few things compared to the 2019 model. That said, mid year tends to be fairly minor stuff.

I take your broader point though but I would wait until late March at the earliest as they will move heaven and earth to make you take a car in March if they have one available.

I have done just that , told Tesla I can’t take delivery until May at least, for the same reason, battery confusion. unfortunately it looks like the UK will be getting the LG battery’s for the LR MIC cars, not like the US as they look to be getting the new bigger 82 kWh panasonic for the LR and Performance, time Will tell if this is correct as and when the UK reports on this site start to arrive in the next 4 weeks or so..
The 82kwh battery only seems to be appearing in the P3D including in the US at the moment and we seem to be getting the same. You don't need to wait to see what we'll be getting as you can see it in the new inventory listings.

Not all revisions improve things, people on the continent who have the LFP battery in the SR+ are struggling with cold weather performance. Even the heat pump in the 2021 seems to be a mixed blessing. 2020 model also lost a few things compared to the 2019 model. That said, mid year tends to be fairly minor stuff.

I take your broader point though but I would wait until late March at the earliest as they will move heaven and earth to make you take a car in March if they have one available.

Move heaven & earth? They can happily pay off the remaining 3 month of my current company car lease if they like :)

• Funny
Reactions: Tielle