Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3LR ordered - Trade in question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All. Thanks for having me.

I’ve just ordered a M3LR in pearl white. So excited to say the least.

I did originally have a trade in on my account, my finance got approved and then I hastily removed my trade in. Now I’m in ‘Drafting your contract stage’. Does anyone know if a trade in can be re-added to your account. Looks like it can only be done at point of order. As we all know, it’s near impossible to contact Tesla. Just wondered if anyone else had any prior experience before I waste hours on the phone.

Thank you in advance.

They can make these options available to you if you are lucky enough to get through on the phone or might have better luck using the web chat. I made several changes during the order process and if I found an option was no longer available or was greyed out, explained in the web chat at they sorted it.

I did originally have a trade in on my account, my finance got approved and then I hastily removed my trade in. Now I’m in ‘Drafting your contract stage’. Does anyone know if a trade in can be re-added to your account. Looks like it can only be done at point of order. As we all know, it’s near impossible to contact Tesla. Just wondered if anyone else had any prior experience before I waste hours on the phone.
Did you get this done in the end? Curious to know how long it took them to value your car if you did.

I did this a couple of days ago by asking them on the chat. They re-enabled the option & I was able to add my trade-in car straight away. It's been over 2 days so far. My EDD is 15-22 Feb but I'm still waiting for the valuation. It's an inventory car, so it's already in Southampton. I was hoping to be able to collect the car at the end of next week as I'll coincidentally be travelling for work not far from where it is... I don't see all the paperwork being sorted in time at this rate though.