Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P 100% charge European km range [when new]?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To evaluate battery health when choosing a 2019 used M3P - what is the 100% charge displayed range in km (European models) of Model 3 Performance?
When I google such info there were two displayed values - EPA rated vs. estimated, does it still apply for latest firmware?
According to Teslike.com new M3P has EPA 499 km so 2019 M3P an average degradation after ~50000km could have 96% capacity = 479km EPA rated?
Thanks.

To evaluate battery health when choosing a 2019 used M3P - what is the 100% charge displayed range in km (European models) of Model 3 Performance?
When I google such info there were two displayed values - EPA rated vs. estimated, does it still apply for latest firmware?
According to Teslike.com new M3P has EPA 499 km so 2019 M3P an average degradation after ~50000km could have 96% capacity = 479km EPA rated?
Thanks.

For 2019 Performance it's 499km, yes. Remember to check the post (sticky) on energy screen calculations for used car buying - it's very easy to switch to that screen and quickly evaluate the pack, without having to charge it all the way to 100%. Think of it as a rough value, within a few % of the actual pack capacity.

The 2019 Performance started at about 78kWh. (Yes, this is inconsistent with the 499km value and the charging constant of 245Wh/mi, which works out to 76kWh (the degradation threshold).)

I think 4% capacity loss is a bit too good to expect, but if you find one at that value at 50k kilometers, you're doing very well. I'd look for a good vehicle to do better than 7% capacity loss (so 476km (479km is actually ~6.5% loss for that vehicle, due to inconsistency mentioned above)).

Reactions: jankratochvil
Thanks for your valuable information! Just simple calc: 2019 M3P your 445/499km=-10.8%, avg teslafi 460/499km=-7.8%, OK.
So IIUC the current firmware is showing only one number of range estimate - no longer two different estimates like in the early firmwares?

Thanks for your valuable information! Just simple calc: 2019 M3P your 445/499km=-10.8%, avg teslafi 460/499km=-7.8%, OK.
So IIUC the current firmware is showing only one number of range estimate - no longer two different estimates like in the early firmwares?

445km/499km is a 10.8% rated range loss. Battery degradation is higher as the battery size you start off with exceeds the rated range. Cant remember what my actual degradation is, Its something like 67.8kwh/78.8kwh =14%.

Reactions: jankratochvil