Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3p 18”alloys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
looking to buy a Model 3 performance I’ve found a nice 69 reg but it’s got 18”alloys ? I called Tesla who confirmed it came out of the factory on 18‘s
is this correct please

Regards

Andrew

I'm not confirming anything. I'm stating a theory. I know Tesla produced some stealth performance models that had the power but almost nothing else. I'm not saying this is bad. It's just that they sold at a lower price than the full performance ones, but sometimes that doesn't have a direct correlation to used prices.
Alternatively, some people have put aftermarket 18" wheels as they are lighter and thus you get back some of the range.

Reactions: tm1v2
Tesla split the P (performance) into two categories. Some were sold as 'stealth' performance cars. Basically they had the upgraded powertrain and P software (track mode) but not the PUP (performance upgrade package) that included: aluminum pedals, lowered suspension, bigger brakes, 20" wheels, spoiler. Is it bad? Not really, some people prefer the stealth. There are plenty of comparison videos but in a nutshell it isn't quite as fast to 60 because it doesn't have the larger, performance tires - but above that it is as fast, or faster because it has lighter wheels.

With that being said - I wouldn't assume it is listed correctly if you're buying from a 3rd part (especially a dealer) because they generally don't know what they are talking about. I saw SEVERAL "performance" model 3s listed that weren't actually P cars. The only way that I'm aware to confirm this is to see the info screen with the car's VIN. It should say "DUAL MOTOR" with a red line under it. No red line, it is NOT a performance (stealth or otherwise). In some cases the rear trunk badge will have dual motor with the red line, but not all cars received it - so it isn't a 100% sure way to know.

Reactions: tm1v2
Hi
looking to buy a Model 3 performance I’ve found a nice 69 reg but it’s got 18”alloys ? I called Tesla who confirmed it came out of the factory on 18‘s
is this correct please

Regards

Andrew
What is a 69 reg?

I have a 2018 stealth M3P with 18's. Nothing bad about it at all. The Stealths were the quickest M3P's available. Better ride than the cars with the 20" package. Better range also. Rims were not as prone to damage as the 20" cars.
It is missing the bigger brakes, rear spoiler, and 20" rims with summer tires, and I think some fancy pedals. I do not tracks the car, so I do not miss any of these.

Ok thanks for confirming is that a bad model then ?

In the US, that model is actually pretty highly desired by many (the "Model 3 performance without the performance package upgrade" (official name) or "Stealth Model 3 Performance " (forum / owner shorthand name).

Its not bad at all, some find it desirable because it has smaller tires (that get better range) than the performance without the performance package upgrade. It looks exactly like a standard model 3 long range, so you need to verify its actually a performance by looking at the red line under the words "DUAL MOTOR" on the software screen.

Do not pay any attention to any outside badging, check for this red underline ON THE SOFTWARE SCREEN ONLY. The badging can be bought easily. There is no way we know of to fake the red line under the words dual motor on the software screen.

In the US, that model is actually pretty highly desired by many (the "Model 3 performance without the performance package upgrade" (official name) or "Stealth Model 3 Performance " (forum / owner shorthand name).

Its not bad at all, some find it desirable because it has smaller tires (that get better range) than the performance without the performance package upgrade. It looks exactly like a standard model 3 long range, so you need to verify its actually a performance by looking at the red line under the words "DUAL MOTOR" on the software screen.

Do not pay any attention to any outside badging, check for this red underline ON THE SOFTWARE SCREEN ONLY. The badging can be bought easily. There is no way we know of to fake the red line under the words dual motor on the software screen.
+1