Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P 2021 ride quality on UK roads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can always put bigger wheels on the LR but you are stuck with the P, and don’t get me started on curbing the 20”. 😳
To be fair, it's very common to curb all three sizes of Tesla alloys, not just the 20"s.

However it's much easier to crack the Performance alloys on potholes than the 18" or 19"s. I know two people have done this with significant inconvenience & repair/replacement costs.

Changed it to the P! 😅……BUT, I’ve got yet another test drive booked in for this Saturday and will be taking the boss (my wife) along.

I did the “pre agreed” test drive route which perhaps isn’t representative of all possible road conditions, but I didn’t find it uncomfortable necessarily, more that it just felt a bit bouncier, akin to a go-kart, if that makes sense?

I want to make sure we’re both happy before I/we finally decide. I’ll keep you posted!
Great choice stick with the P! I drive 100 miles a day from Dedham to Epping A12 A120 M11 no issues regarding wind noise or the ride, coming from a Mercedes E Class Coupe comparing the ride really difficult to notice any difference, bur the performance……. 👍😀

Reactions: NJR46
Great choice stick with the P! I drive 100 miles a day from Dedham to Epping A12 A120 M11 no issues regarding wind noise or the ride, coming from a Mercedes E Class Coupe comparing the ride really difficult to notice any difference, bur the performance……. 👍😀
I’m just gonna latch onto any positive P comments at the moment to make me feel better! 😂

I’m just up the road from you!

Reactions: Timberman
Great to hear of your positive experience with the M3P but what makes you say “surprisingly”? And when did you get your M3P (is it the Made in China model or previous)? Thanks.
Surprisingly because at the time it was believed that the 20” wheels and tyres were noisy and uncomfortable - mine are not. My car was built in the USA and was an early shipment. No complaints - just love everything about the car and it’s philosophy.

I have a 2020 M3P and I think the ride is absolutely fine. I commute about 40 miles a day into the city on mixed roads, and I have no issues. I had a Mercedes C220 before, and I'd say the M3P is quieter and more comfortable in nearly every circumstance - just way, way more fun. I was looking at an M3LR initially, but when I saw the M3P with the big wheels, red callipers etc I was in love - at the time there was not a huge difference in lease cost, and with the sound system, heated seats, mats, premium connectivity and all that, it was easy to convince myself :p .

Best bit is that after more than a year, I still find excuses to go for a drive, and I love every second of it.

Reactions: gil.i.am and NJR46
...but when I saw the M3P with the big wheels, red callipers etc I was in love - at the time there was not a huge difference in lease cost, and with the sound system, heated seats, mats, premium connectivity and all that, it was easy to convince myself :p .
The P3D does look good, but to avoid misinformation, the sound system, heated (rear) seats, mats and premium connectivity are the same on the LR as the P. Its the SR+ that has a reduced spec although rumour has it even that model now comes with mats.

The P3D does look good, but to avoid misinformation, the sound system, heated (rear) seats, mats and premium connectivity are the same on the LR as the P. Its the SR+ that has a reduced spec although rumour has it even that model now comes with mats.

The rear seats on the SR+ need £300 to activate so are available for additional payment. The only thing you couldn't get on SR+ (even if prepared to pay) was the full premium sound system. (If you're over 50 take a detailed hearing test and discover that your HiFi ears aren't what they used to be in any case!) Newest Model 3s other than the SR+ include a heated steering wheel of course. Rumour has it that this may also become a paid for option for the newest SR+ in the near future.

I came from a MIA 2020 LR with acceleration boost, to a MIC 2021 P.

The ride is a little firmer, but more planted. I genuinely can’t tell any difference in road noise, I find both acceptable and neither intrusive - no problem holding a conversation on the blower @ 70.

I reckon I can feel the difference in acceleration from the line, but not really once rolling - both models are…. Adequate ;)

Quality, meh! I had a pretty good MIA, the MIC does feel better inside, but that could be the modified interior design. The panel gaps on the P are as good as any other car I’ve had, as is the paint quality (to the untrained eye).

I prefer the look of the P.

Confirmation bias? Probably. Are all these things subjective? Definitely. Was it worth the extra $? For me yes!

What matters here is that you are happy with your decision, and you will be 👍🏻

I came from a MIA 2020 LR with acceleration boost, to a MIC 2021 P.

The ride is a little firmer, but more planted. I genuinely can’t tell any difference in road noise, I find both acceptable and neither intrusive - no problem holding a conversation on the blower @ 70.

I reckon I can feel the difference in acceleration from the line, but not really once rolling - both models are…. Adequate ;)

Quality, meh! I had a pretty good MIA, the MIC does feel better inside, but that could be the modified interior design. The panel gaps on the P are as good as any other car I’ve had, as is the paint quality (to the untrained eye).

I prefer the look of the P.

Confirmation bias? Probably. Are all these things subjective? Definitely. Was it worth the extra $? For me yes!

What matters here is that you are happy with your decision, and you will be 👍🏻
Nice balanced review.

P definitely quicker off the line... like rip your face off quick as opposed to MIC 21 with AB which is just "fookin hell" 🤣 :cool: