Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P 2022 Front Left hand side vibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen several posts discussing vibration ranging from lane departure being switched on to wheel balancing (incl. foam detachment issues).

I am experiencing a vibration on a brand new M3P (2022) from the front LHS of the car which (to me) appears to be some form of loose linkage (control arms etc.).

Tesla SC have checked twice now and torqued up all bolts as well as (re)balancing all wheels (they did notice some 'heavy' spots on the wheels evidently)

There is no noise - but the vibration is really annoying and is particularly evident on rough roads - with a sensation of the front left wheel vibrating very slightly up and down and skipping over the ground. Also on a perfectly smooth road you can get a sensation of a small lump in the tyre (almost like someone put some chewing gum on the wheel!)

Any thoughts or anyone else experienced same?

I have seen several posts discussing vibration ranging from lane departure being switched on to wheel balancing (incl. foam detachment issues).

I am experiencing a vibration on a brand new M3P (2022) from the front LHS of the car which (to me) appears to be some form of loose linkage (control arms etc.).

Tesla SC have checked twice now and torqued up all bolts as well as (re)balancing all wheels (they did notice some 'heavy' spots on the wheels evidently)

There is no noise - but the vibration is really annoying and is particularly evident on rough roads - with a sensation of the front left wheel vibrating very slightly up and down and skipping over the ground. Also on a perfectly smooth road you can get a sensation of a small lump in the tyre (almost like someone put some chewing gum on the wheel!)

Any thoughts or anyone else experienced same?

@tess585 Have you rotated your wheels? If so does it seem to follow a particular wheel/tire?

Normally for tire wear purposes I only rotate front<->back, but in this case I'd try side<->side too, or even corner<->corner, if it might help identify a problem wheel/tire.