Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P aftermarket rear diffuser matte or gloss?

GoodbyeICE

Jul 9, 2020
Toronto
Not my car in the picture but I like the look of this rear diffuser. I think it adds an aggressive look to the rear and will also work with the OEM spoiler. I have no other aero mods planned. Question is do I go with a matte finish to match the spoiler or will it this look better in a gloss finish. Can’t see examples in person and really hard to tell from pics. Hoping some of you with a real world reference can chime in. Thanks.
D76D0AAD-13C8-4B6F-8AED-D8F3A05C4781.jpeg

nobznss

Sep 10, 2017
Utah
Honestly, I'm doing matte everything to match, but I'm even replacing the spoiler for a larger one to have a uniform style. My X has glossy CF which I like too, but was going for a little more contrast on my 3. As long as the weave is the same, it should match just fine. Don't do gloss with matte. IMO it looks stupid.

Reactions: GoodbyeICE

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC