Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Comprehensive Brake Pad Option list

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone experience clunking after installing any of these first time moving forward or in reverse and with a brake applicaiton. Issue was eliminated in the rear after swapping to a different brand but the front still keeps clunking after an MPP Page Mill Rotor and Pad upgrade on OEM Calipers for Performance. Unsure if normal or not.

I have a pad but I don’t have the tools to measure it for you
68DAA15B-48CF-4414-A370-A8657FCD34E7.jpeg

Do they look like this? Even if it’s a rough measurement with a ruler it helps.

Attachments

• CE0C5851-EAFF-4FB0-8DF4-10E5967D6B8D.jpeg
    CE0C5851-EAFF-4FB0-8DF4-10E5967D6B8D.jpeg
    486.2 KB · Views: 142
Yep, I have all those prices in the first post....
The huge winner right now in terms of cost is racing brake if that is a primary focus.
I wish UP would tell us what compound their PFC pads are.
Ya that's a topic of contention with UP and makes it really hard. They keep things very proprietary. I need to bring a set in and have one of my fast drivers test them out. Those do appear to be a great value but we have no data.

Reactions: KBaoBao
Just wanted to pop in this thread and announce that we are now a dealer for GLoc pads. We are a big fan of GLoc having used them in our track cars. GLoc offers a GS-1 pad which is their most docile pad for street/canyon carving. We believe this pad is a good fit for most people looking for a street pad that is more capable than stock. Low dust, non-corrosive to wheels/paint, no noise, excellent feel. For those of you looking for a track pad, the r12-r18 are what you are looking for.

• Informative
Reactions: gearchruncher
Just wanted to pop in this thread and announce that we are now a dealer for GLoc pads. We are a big fan of GLoc having used them in our track cars. GLoc offers a GS-1 pad which is their most docile pad for street/canyon carving. We believe this pad is a good fit for most people looking for a street pad that is more capable than stock. Low dust, non-corrosive to wheels/paint, no noise, excellent feel. For those of you looking for a track pad, the r12-r18 are what you are looking for.
Not seeing them on your website

We are still building the product page for these pads. It will take a bit (should be done on Tuesday) since there are a lot of compounds/variants we need to input. If you are interested in a set, shoot us a PM or email and we can get you set up.

Ya that's a topic of contention with UP and makes it really hard. They keep things very proprietary. I need to bring a set in and have one of my fast drivers test them out. Those do appear to be a great value but we have no data.
When I asked this question of UP they told me their pads were between the heat performance of the Hawk HP and HP+. This was back in early 2019, when the first upgraded pads for the M3P brakes became available from UP.

I have run a set of these UP pads now for about 6 track events, and 60k miles on the street. They occasionally do squeak on the street and will fall off in performance a bit after hard race use but are a good compromise street/track pad from my experience.

When I asked this question of UP they told me their pads were between the heat performance of the Hawk HP and HP+. This was back in early 2019, when the first upgraded pads for the M3P brakes became available from UP.

I have run a set of these UP pads now for about 6 track events, and 60k miles on the street. They occasionally do squeak on the street and will fall off in performance a bit after hard race use but are a good compromise street/track pad from my experience.
That's good to know. I believe they have changed manufacturers though so now I'm not sure if that data applies to the pads made by PFC or whomever made the earlier ones. Do you know by chance?

That's good to know. I believe they have changed manufacturers though so now I'm not sure if that data applies to the pads made by PFC or whomever made the earlier ones. Do you know by chance?
Unfortunately no, I know I had one of the earliest sets before they were really in volume production.

I do know there were revised rears after the set that I currently have in, but I don't know if the compound changed. The issue that I noticed was the pads rattled a bit at low speed when the pads were totally clear of the rotors. Later revisions had tighter clearances where the pads met the calipers.

I was told that to totally eliminate this noise I should use double-sided high temp tape from RB between the piston face and brake pad backing plate, but I haven't done that yet. It's a pretty small noise.

Unfortunately no, I know I had one of the earliest sets before they were really in volume production.

I do know there were revised rears after the set that I currently have in, but I don't know if the compound changed. The issue that I noticed was the pads rattled a bit at low speed when the pads were totally clear of the rotors. Later revisions had tighter clearances where the pads met the calipers.

I was told that to totally eliminate this noise I should use double-sided high temp tape from RB between the piston face and brake pad backing plate, but I haven't done that yet. It's a pretty small noise.
Would u say is the noise is noticeable?

Does anyone recall the pad thickness on your aftermarket P3D rear pads? I’m trying to install some RB XT910 and they’re 21mm thick each and don’t fit over the MPP rear rotor.

I removed the parking brake motor and spun the T45 bolt clockwise until the piston started to turn and wouldn’t retract anymore. My stock pads with 20k miles barely fit back on and they’re at least 2mm thinner each.

Does anyone recall the pad thickness on your aftermarket P3D rear pads? I’m trying to install some RB XT910 and they’re 21mm thick each and don’t fit over the MPP rear rotor.

I removed the parking brake motor and spun the T45 bolt clockwise until the piston started to turn and wouldn’t retract anymore. My stock pads with 20k miles barely fit back on and they’re at least 2mm thinner each.
You can wind the piston back with the motor by applying 9-12vDC to the connector. As long as you're sure you've wound it back all the way manually then it should be back all the way but you'll also need to push the hydraulic piston back as well of course. New pads have 15mm of material on a 10mm backing plate so unless the MPP rotors are much wider than stock, your pads should fit.

Last edited: