Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3p from SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will almost certainly get better than 200 miles when i do my longer trips. I've done Leeds and back on a few occasions - 214 miles door to door and had range to spare.
Again that is refreshing to know. Thanks.

Initially I did want the LR but second hand prices seemed low and managed to get one from inventory 35,000 miles. With the colour I was after for Under £30,000 this isn’t much for then the sale price of my SR+ so figured why not!

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
Yeh. I have also done a run from Telford out to North Wales - Shell Island and back towards Leicester and got roughly about 230 before i had to charge.
Thanks again for the feedback. I do get good range out of my rwd but that’s eeking out late 50’s on longer journeys and interpolating to figure out how far I would have gone with the unused percentage. The bottom line is I’m not travelling 230 miles on one charge. The most was Exeter to London on one charge and I was impressed but definitely close to empty! Total was 197. But that was ideal conditions also.
So I think the main question is I should expect more range. And let’s see how far it can get on those times when I need to eek out the range!

The most was Exeter to London on one charge and I was impressed but definitely close to empty! Total was 197

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I would compare with ABetterRoutePlanner - especially as you have data from a decently long, best-endeavours, journey as a baseline.

I put that journey into ABRP, choosing same make/model/age and wheel size of car, and setting temperature and other conditions (Wind? multiple passengers/weight?) and see what it says. Some battery degradation if you like. If it gives you the same figure then you are getting appropriate range

As mentioned earlier in the thread, I would compare with ABetterRoutePlanner - especially as you have data from a decently long, best-endeavours, journey as a baseline.

I put that journey into ABRP, choosing same make/model/age and wheel size of car, and setting temperature and other conditions (Wind? multiple passengers/weight?) and see what it says. Some battery degradation if you like. If it gives you the same figure then you are getting appropriate range
Thanks for this too. I did have a mess about on ABRP doing that same thing. But wasn’t sure what wh/m to put in for the 2020 m3p. Still seems to be more range then the 21 sr+

:)

Reactions: WannabeOwner
wasn’t sure what wh/m to put in for the 2020 m3p.

Ah yes, I think would be better they bury that option under "Advanced use" :) The default should be fine - you could check that against a steady (form memory) 60 MPH - if there is something wrong with your car then a difference in numbers will be apparent - but I would expect that to also show up as a per-journey-plan difference too, so ABRP default and check the overall journey comparison

If you got a close-figure for that "model journey" you did I reckon all is fine (and that is your car's range - plus using ABRP for other journey planning / experimenting should be accurate enough). If the figures are different you could do the steady-speed test, and then put that into ABRP config and see what the comparison for that journey is (but I'd be questioning why your wH/mile base figure was different to ABRP)

I'd expect more range on the M3P - the SR+ is lighter, so better wH/mile ... but larger battery on M3P wins

Reactions: Dommmm
Ah yes, I think would be better they bury that option under "Advanced use" :) The default should be fine - you could check that against a steady (form memory) 60 MPH - if there is something wrong with your car then a difference in numbers will be apparent - but I would expect that to also show up as a per-journey-plan difference too, so ABRP default and check the overall journey comparison

If you got a close-figure for that "model journey" you did I reckon all is fine (and that is your car's range - plus using ABRP for other journey planning / experimenting should be accurate enough). If the figures are different you could do the steady-speed test, and then put that into ABRP config and see what the comparison for that journey is (but I'd be questioning why your wH/mile base figure was different to ABRP)

I'd expect more range on the M3P - the SR+ is lighter, so better wH/mile ... but larger battery on M3P wins
Very tech and appreciated. I agree I know it’s more efficient but the bigger batter inevitably lowers efficiency but there’s more in the tank. Dual edged sword… and motor ha!

Reactions: WannabeOwner
BD7D452C-2359-4B9A-84B4-D91F8A643595.jpeg
Hi all, just updating further to my question about range between the sr+ 21 and the m3p 2020.
After near perfect conditions, 18 degrees, sunny and staying around 60 mph on the motorway my sr+ managed 188 miles using 41 kWh going from 100% to 10% so theoretically a 200 mile range. And a total of 44 kWh. Does that sound right? I am really hoping this switch to the m3p 2020 is gonna do better then that?
My car over 15,000 miles has averaged around 207 wh/m which seems very efficient. Wondering what kind of numbers everyone else is getting with their m3p’s pre refresh please.

Thanks all