Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P - Lowered Springs Gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it was first noticed in January of this year.

Although the price delta between LR and P isn't as crazy as it once was (to LR's detriment really, rather than because P has had more toys added), it would be nice if there was something more substantial in the differences between the two cars. Bucket seats would be a nice touch, perhaps a front splitter, or something.

Lowered suspension is still mentioned on Safari iOS browser on my phone but not on Chrome browser on Windows desktop for some reason.
There's a web developer somewhere sweating about the possibility that someday, someone will notice that this basic content is either added to their site in a way which adds a browser dependency or that they've only removed the content for certain media queries / devices. 😅

According to some that measured clearances I think it was only about 1cm difference so I’m not surprised that it’s taken this long for some to notice and comment.

Yes, but in my experience suspension springs settle over time.

So comparing a new Model 3 Performance with few miles, and an older Model 3 Long Range the difference could be nothing.

But the lowered springs would settle, and be more firmer during cornering.

So measuring two different cars, isn't always a good benchmark, even when both are new.

I will admit though, the difference would be very minor to look at.