Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P: Old 20' Sport Rims/Tires vs. 20' Uberturbines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is very unlikely the old vs new tires are "much" different. You have been asking a lot of questions about this older wheel, is your motivation to address ride comfort? If so, I wouldn't bother switching to another 20" wheel. Go for a 19 or 18" wheel.
Sorry about that and your right… I think I’m leaning towards settling for the 19 OEM Sport Wheels (older version) on the M3P

i had both sets - i had a 2020 m3p with the old school wheels and now a 2022 m3p w/ubers. the ride was no different. what i DID do was got rid of the pzeros from the 2022 and got the ps4s as in my opinion the ps4s are much better than the pzero. 20 inch wheels on both cars.

i had both sets - i had a 2020 m3p with the old school wheels and now a 2022 m3p w/ubers. the ride was no different. what i DID do was got rid of the pzeros from the 2022 and got the ps4s as in my opinion the ps4s are much better than the pzero. 20 inch wheels on both cars.
Nice… When you say better, are you also referring to the ride comfort? Also, any difference in range with the PS4S tires?

Thanks

Can you fit the 20” or even the 19” stilettos on a 2022 M3P?
Yes on the 20" Stilletos on 2022 M3P.
I don't have 19" so I can't confirm.
Screenshot_20230104_224447_Gallery.jpg

Funny, my experience is the opposite. I had a 2020 M3P with the 20" wheels and PS4s. Last week I traded in for a 2023 M3P with Uberturbines and Pirelli tires. Much better ride on the new car.

Interesting! Did you have to do any modifications to the wheels? Do they have the cut-out for the hub lip on the M3P?

Did you buy those 2nd hand, or directly from Tesla?
No modifications, they bolted right up, the mounting pad of the wheel is factory machined to clear the lip on the performance brakes.

I bought them from a member here who took them off after a couple hundred miles to put aftermarket wheels on.

I took off my uberturbines when the temps were getting down to freezing, the summer tires on those get a little squirrelly in the cold.

The tires on the 19’s are the OEM Continental all seasons and definitely ride a little smoother and perform better in cold weather.

Reactions: turns2stone