Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P owners using summer tyres in Winter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 for the rims from Gavin Wallace. I have the 18s which are designed specifically to accommodate the brake calipers of the M3P. I have CrossClimate+ on them and I didn't bother changing back to the stock 20s over summer. More forgiving ride and much less susceptible to pothole damage than the 20s . Couple of grands worth of stock wheels and tyres stored in the garage which won't be doing anything until next April when I may give them another airing

Is Gavin Wallace a user on here? (Sorry, I must have missed it in the thread) - Also, who did you use to swap the wheels over?

Is Gavin Wallace a user on here? (Sorry, I must have missed it in the thread) - Also, who did you use to swap the wheels over?
I think Gavin stops by here sometimes but I know he's on the main Tesla Facebook group. Not sure what his stock situation is but if you DM me with an email address I can pass it to him if you wish?

I got the tyres from Costco. They have really good offers periodically and mine came in around £120 per tyre if I recall correctly. Gavin also supplies the TPMS

Reactions: Avendit
Given a 2nd set of wheels is going to set you back anywhere from £1,200 to £2,000, not to mention needing somewhere to store them, why not just replace the stock Pilot 4S when they wear out with CrossClimates and just use them permanently? Aren't they supposed to be reasonably good in summer as well? What is the downside of using CrossClimates during the summer?

Reactions: JS77
Given a 2nd set of wheels is going to set you back anywhere from £1,200 to £2,000, not to mention needing somewhere to store them, why not just replace the stock Pilot 4S when they wear out with CrossClimates and just use them permanently? Aren't they supposed to be reasonably good in summer as well? What is the downside of using CrossClimates during the summer?

I'm sure they are a great compromise but ultimately they will not be quite as good as a summer tyre in the summer and not quite as good as winter tyre in the winter... if you can live with that ...

The 18s I purchased from Gavin were about £800 if I recall. Another £100 or so for the TPMS. CrossClimate+ were around £600 balanced and fitted at Costco.

In terms of performance, the CrossClimates have been fine this last summer. I don't do too much hooning around these days but they don't seem to object if you push them a bit. Wear also seems OK so far. I was a bit concerned how they'd hold up down in the heat of the South of France but the Covid restrictions put paid to that. Overall been very pleased