Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P - recommended regular use accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up my M3P next week at Heathrow and I was having a browse around the online shop for accessories and it occurred to me some things may be missing. So a couple of questions spring to mind:

1. Does the M3P come with the 'Frunk/Froot' carpet mat?
2. Does anyone recommend the large roof sun blind?

1. no it doesn't
2. I'm enjoying the sun atm so no recommendations from me.

I got other stuff: -
1. wireless charging
2. carbon dash
3. carbon wing mirror covers
4. frunk lifters
5. carbon wrap for centre console
6. Screen protector

I am thinking about the wireless charger but funds are limited. Of your items 2-6, what of it is Tesla original? Are they aftermarket add ons?

I am thinking about the wireless charger but funds are limited. Of your items 2-6, what of it is Tesla original? Are they aftermarket add ons?
nothing Tesla OEM.
Either Amazon or Abstract Ocean. the charging pad was about £25 and includes 2 USB splitters. Works really well.

Also rubber mats for the frunk, boot and underboot. Again amazon around £55 for the set.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
The attached may provide some inspiration/concern.

Realised pretty early on that my accessory spending may be a little out of control so decided to control it the only way I know how by creating a project management board :)

See attached, happy to provide links and costs to items you're interested in (or reasoning) if it helps.

2020-03-17 21_17_17-TM3 _ Trello.png

nothing Tesla OEM.
Either Amazon or Abstract Ocean. the charging pad was about £25 and includes 2 USB splitters. Works really well.

Also rubber mats for the frunk, boot and underboot. Again amazon around £55 for the set.

Ah, cool. Do u have a link for the charging pad n mat set? Keen to check that out.

The attached may provide some inspiration/concern.

Realised pretty early on that my accessory spending may be a little out of control so decided to control it the only way I know how by creating a project management board :)

See attached, happy to provide links and costs to items you're interested in (or reasoning) if it helps.

View attachment 522839

Loving the organisation! Will take a proper look when I'm on my laptop later n drop u a msg.

Thanks both.

Picking up my M3P next week at Heathrow and I was having a browse around the online shop for accessories and it occurred to me some things may be missing. So a couple of questions spring to mind:

1. Does the M3P come with the 'Frunk/Froot' carpet mat?
2. Does anyone recommend the large roof sun blind?
So far just bought www.argos.co.uk/product/8659381 for when its raining and charging out and about.
Will be buying a front boot mat (frunk ffs) as it looks hideous without one.
My commute does not justify the IQ charging solutions as I have them at home and at my desk at work.

you can get the wireless pads on ebay for about £20 and they work just fine. i have one. there is not a lot to a wireless charger its all about the power supply and they all share that in common whichever one you get. most come from China so you may have to wait a bit. but as a new Tesla owner you are probably used to that by now

Prior to getting mine, I was almost as keen as @Medved_77. These are the things that I remain pleased with (in no particular order):
  • Wireless charging pad for the phone. Cheap one from Amazon is great.
  • 12V compressor for keeping the tyres pumped up.
  • Centre console tray to cover where the SDcard reader is plugged in.
  • Jacking pads.
  • Ceramic coating.
The only thing remaining on my list now is a puncture repair kit and an organiser for the lower boot.

So far just bought www.argos.co.uk/product/8659381 for when its raining and charging out and about.
Will be buying a front boot mat (frunk ffs) as it looks hideous without one.
My commute does not justify the IQ charging solutions as I have them at home and at my desk at work.

Good call on the controller for rainy charging days.

I have wireless charging at home too but I love tech and that is right up my street.

Prior to getting mine, I was almost as keen as @Medved_77. These are the things that I remain pleased with (in no particular order):
  • Wireless charging pad for the phone. Cheap one from Amazon is great.
  • 12V compressor for keeping the tyres pumped up.
  • Centre console tray to cover where the SDcard reader is plugged in.
  • Jacking pads.
  • Ceramic coating.
The only thing remaining on my list now is a puncture repair kit and an organiser for the lower boot.

Jacking pads sound like a good investment. What's the ceramic coating?

the 12V compressor - is that just a regular off the shelf pump for the tyres?

Jacking pads sound like a good investment. What's the ceramic coating?

the 12V compressor - is that just a regular off the shelf pump for the tyres?
Ceramic coating is treatment of the paintwork by a professional detailer (you can do it yourself if you have the kit) to improve and protect the finish. They polish the paintwork to remove the most of the minor surface imperfections on the paint and then apply a hard, hydrophobic, very-thin, clear coating that gives an incredible shine. It also makes it really easy to clean and preserves the paintwork from bonded contaminants. Your German luxury car dealer would normally have this done for you before delivery. It costs £250–600 depending on the coating and who you get to do it for you. Mine looks like a different car from when I had it delivered. There are plenty of threads with pictures on here and loads of YouTube videos on the subject. I’ll see if the video of mine being done is still available on line and post it later.

Yes it is just a 12V pump. I bought one made by Ring that works well.

• Informative

I am tempted to get a plug repair kit off ebay partly because the repair companies seem to be making a meal out of fixing insulation filled tyres.

CAR VAN TRUCK AGRI TYRE TIRE PUNCTURE REPAIR KIT WITH 20 STRINGS/PLUG/INSERT | eBay

Here is the video of ceramic coating being done to my car.

All of the above is really useful information. Cheers dudes!

The ceramic coating I think I will def look in to. You can see the difference in the finish on that vid.