Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We do our own wheel change for winter and summer, and had no issues switching between our Tsportline 18" TST flow forged winter wheel and tire set, and the 20" grey performance set that came with the 2020 M3P - they have same centre bore and offset specs as the factory ones.

Our 2020 M3P is now RIP (it had the winter set on)... so we are ordering a 2021 M3P and are looking to get a new winter wheel and tire set. We are looking at Replika R241's, but realised the centre bore is slightly larger (70mm) than the Tesla and Tsportline ones (64.1mm). Replika says they are compatible with the 2021 Model 3 Performance though.. does anyone have experience with this situation where the bore size is larger?

Likely the 2020/2021 difference doesn't matter, I'm pretty sure all Tesla wheels are a 64.1mm bore size. However we actually like the look of the R241's. If need be, we'll just stick with Tsportline.

Also, my understanding is that a +35mm offset will cause the wheels to poke out just a tiny amount compared to a +40mm offset (so 5mm), is that correct and does anyone have feedback about that (other than the 35mm being better for a track haha). The Replika R241's have a +40mm offset as opposed to +35mm like the others.

I just spoke to Fastco, the parent company of Replika. Apparently the M3P 2021 wheels have a 70.2 centre bore so that's why they have enlarged them to that size. The +40mm offset isn't an issue either. So glad I checked. Perhaps Tsportline have changed the size to 70.2 and that's what we would have been sent, however it doesn't say anything not their website about it, just says 64.1.

Reactions: Coxwain
Here is a picture of a R241 (gloss silver) on my 2020 non-P Model 3 AWD.

img_3698-jpg.596584

Reactions: Coxwain and katbc
Why would anyone name their wheel company named "Replika" is beyond me...

I work in marketing and I have only one guess, backed up by having seen a couple of their designs. The name is obviously meant to conjure thoughts of "replica" which of course means copy. So just by hearing the name, potential customers assume that this is the place to go for a copy of a factory design for less money. Maybe even copies of other aftermarket designs for less money. Easy to remember, easy to know what I'm getting from them. Not defending as it won't appeal to premium wheel fans but that is not the target audience I'm guessing.

$0.02

Reactions: MODEL+ and Coxwain
I work in marketing and I have only one guess, backed up by having seen a couple of their designs. The name is obviously meant to conjure thoughts of "replica" which of course means copy. So just by hearing the name, potential customers assume that this is the place to go for a copy of a factory design for less money. Maybe even copies of other aftermarket designs for less money. Easy to remember, easy to know what I'm getting from them. Not defending as it won't appeal to premium wheel fans but that is not the target audience I'm guessing.

$0.02
Yeah that was my reaction, haha. It's beginning to look like they are pretty good though! I'll report back if we order from them.

I just spoke to Fastco, the parent company of Replika. Apparently the M3P 2021 wheels have a 70.2 centre bore so that's why they have enlarged them to that size. The +40mm offset isn't an issue either. So glad I checked. Perhaps Tsportline have changed the size to 70.2 and that's what we would have been sent, however it doesn't say anything not their website about it, just says 64.1.

Need someone to verify a 2021 M3P hub with a caliper. Also curious if they eliminated the little hub lip when they made this change.