Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P tire size / adjustment?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla fans,

Quick question, i use to own a Mustang that had a staggered tire set up. After the first set of tires, i ran the same size all the way around to maximize the new tire life. This only worked due to the fact that they could fit. So here's my question, after the first set of tires are gone, can i run the same size all the way around ? currently, the rears have 275/30R20 and the fronts have 235/35R20. Would it be possible to fit the 275/30R20's on the front as well? If so has anyone had any problems ?Thanks !
-Kaz

Yes, all Model 3's use the same size tire all around so if you just get stock wheels or equal size aftermarket wheels you'll be fine with the stock 235 width.
If you prefer 275 all around you'll need to mess with wheel offsets.

The aftermarket wheels you currently have are probably 8.5" & 9.5" wide and it would be pretty far out of spec to fit the same size tire to each.

Kaz93... yeah, unless you are taking the car to the track, for daily driving, tire wear, and general efficiency, 235/35-R20 all the way around is preferred... and the factory setup on the M3 Performance. But as Gauss Guzzler notes, you probably have wider wheels on the rear than the front. So be careful.