Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P to MSLR 2 lane 55mph highway passing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My ‘refresh’ “refresh” MSLR is a fantastic daily driver. I have put 17k miles on it since march. My wife took the car this week as she wanted the longer range vehicle for her trip, so I drove the M3P for a couple of days. The MSLR has a significantly better power curve and passing ability. I have gotten accustomed to passing any car at any time with the MSLR. I think the M3P is a great car, but I almost had forgotten how much better the S is at everything except breaking. The M3P seems ‘slow’ in comparison when passing 60 mph to 80mph. Are there any stats that show the 50-90 or 50mph-100mph comparison of the 2 cars? I’m thinking the MS is 50% faster accelerating.

I don't want to go back through all my Dragy runs but my boosted 3 LR (which from about 30 mph and up is the same as an M3P) takes about the same amount of time to go from 30-70 mph as my S LR goes from 30-80 mph. They still need to give us what they promised on the S LR for the 0-60 times.

Obviously the faster you go, the more the S LR pulls any 3 variant.

My ‘refresh’ “refresh” MSLR is a fantastic daily driver. I have put 17k miles on it since march. My wife took the car this week as she wanted the longer range vehicle for her trip, so I drove the M3P for a couple of days. The MSLR has a significantly better power curve and passing ability. I have gotten accustomed to passing any car at any time with the MSLR. I think the M3P is a great car, but I almost had forgotten how much better the S is at everything except breaking. The M3P seems ‘slow’ in comparison when passing 60 mph to 80mph. Are there any stats that show the 50-90 or 50mph-100mph comparison of the 2 cars? I’m thinking the MS is 50% faster accelerating.
This is my absolute best 60-130 run in an m3p. You can see the various times under the chart. **(This is still showing on the leaderboard as the fastest recorded 60-130 time in a model 3)**

Screenshot_20221014-095105.png

Last edited: