Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P to Plaid - some thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the power is fine, but there are a lot of unacceptable things.

Build Quality needs to be better
Lack of True blind spot monitoring
Lack of 360 degree vision for Parking
Way too much road noise
Needs to have better ride quality.

A plaid only fixes a few things.

Not that I use it, but lack of blind spot monitoring in 2021 is inexcusable. The technology has been mature for 5-10 years.

Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
The biggest problem with BSM the indicator should be in the mirror, but instead its on the screen. People aren't going to be looking at the screen when doing lane changes.

I also think it should detect further back.

Exactly, if someone is looking at the center display when checking their blind spot, there are bigger problems. So yeah Tesla's don't have BSM.

The biggest problem with BSM the indicator should be in the mirror, but instead its on the screen. People aren't going to be looking at the screen when doing lane changes.

I also think it should detect further back.

Don't most vehicles use rear corner radar for real blind spot monitoring (and reverse cross-traffic alert)? I think that's the real issue - unless you trust the limited range ultrasonics and Telsa Vision. To me, it's the sensors that are the issue rather than the presentation of the alert. I'd be ok with a beep when signaling, although side-mirror lights would obviously still be cheap and preferable.

• Love
Reactions: oktane
同意。虽然我真的很喜欢轭式转向,但我不喜欢按钮。我在 MYP 中有一个 Aroham yoke 和 stalks;似乎是最好的设置。

View attachment 722880

Reactions: jebinc