Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P total dollars spend on charging during first ~47K miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm turning in my M3P lease in a week or two (well, that's the plan at least), so I tallied up my charging costs since vehicle deliver in December 2019.

Background is that I have a free L2 charger at my office, so that covers the bulk of my weekday needs. I don't have a charger at home, so I rely Superchargers to get my through weekends or for road trips.

Total Supercharger cost has been $1,792 for 46,813 total miles driven. Average monthly miles has been 1,560, average monthly electric cost has been $60.

Reactions: BigNick
Assuming that you never charged at home, then your monthly electric cost has no relevance in this calculation. $1792 / 46813 is just under $0.04 / mile. Not bad for today's environment of $5/gal gas. At that price, an ICE vehicle would have to get just over 130MPG.

When I got my car in July 2018, I too had free L2 and DCFC charging at work using ChargePoint stations. Rules there basically allowed you to get 100 miles in your battery before you had to move your car (4hr @ L2 and 75 minutes @ DCFC rates). Of course people started gaming the system and simply moved their car to another station when time was up. Or at least that's what I would do if I needed more than 100 miles.

As a side note: Even though I haven't been employed by the company for almost 3 years, my license plate is still in their database so I continue to have access to the automatic gated garage. I went there a couple of days ago to top off the car since I was in the neighborhood.