Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P TPMS question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I ordered my new EV01+ wheels to put on my sson to arrive M3P (21) and had a panic moment when I realized the tpms sensors required an input of tire size. Is there an entry on the TPMS programming screen on a M3P for 18" wheels or is it locked to 20" wheels? Help me not be a panic mosnter that I just ordered somehting I'll regret

Thanks

Hi all,
I ordered my new EV01+ wheels to put on my sson to arrive M3P (21) and had a panic moment when I realized the tpms sensors required an input of tire size. Is there an entry on the TPMS programming screen on a M3P for 18" wheels or is it locked to 20" wheels? Help me not be a panic mosnter that I just ordered somehting I'll regret

Thanks
There's a screen that allows you to choose which size wheels are on your M3P. Unfortunately, the options you'll see are limited to look like the stock wheels of the various models from the factory. You'll see on my screen I switched from the stock 20" uberturbines. I now have 18" TS5 aftermarkets, but was limited to the "Aero" type wheels to select in screen.

20210223_184356387_iOS (2).jpg
20210531_221646586_ (2).jpg

There's a screen that allows you to choose which size wheels are on your M3P. Unfortunately, the options you'll see are limited to look like the stock wheels of the various models from the factory. You'll see on my screen I switched from the stock 20" uberturbines. I now have 18" TS5 aftermarkets, but was limited to the "Aero" type wheels to select in screen.

View attachment 689766 View attachment 689769
Rad tyvm, I got worried the 18" option might be greyed out or something crappy like that

Rad tyvm, I got worried the 18" option might be greyed out or something crappy like that
NP, figuring out the differences being displayed on the energy screen, tho, is a situation I haven't figured out (which can be found on the screen in the picture I posted prior, just on the "Trip" tab next to the "Consumption" tab. I have yet to scour the forums here for the issue I'm facing, which is that my M3P consistently runs 3-7% less efficient than the predicted trip efficiency (displayed in grey).

View attachment 689766 View attachment 689769

That has nothing to do with TPMS sensors. That is just used for range estimation.