Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Uberturbine Wheels Curbed “IT happened”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

So what I said wouldn’t happen happened in less than two weeks after collecting the car. I was parking up in Richmond, London, and didn’t notice a bit of the curb protruding out and…..

34421556-C592-4F4D-9EF0-DD380C6E9BF6.jpeg

7C95C74F-47A3-4C73-AAFD-816B6DB64104.jpeg

It’s not really bad, but bad enough to hurt ALOT. I am not sure it warrants a full repair (getting some quotes), and I am separately trying to find the perfect colour match to do a touch up repair instead (as I fear this may not be my last) so may collect a few damages before a full repair. These alloys are really easy to curb, so you’ve been warned. I never curb my alloys, but that’s no longer the case anymore.

I will post results here, and point to any paint codes/companies I use in the process.

I feel for you. I've had my Model 3 Performance since September last year and had avoided any damage to the alloys until yesterday! Some k***head in a campervan coming the other way forced me into the side and I heard a horrible grinding. Sure enough, both near-side wheels well and truly scuffed. I've not decided what to do, if anything, yet. I have a very good repairer in Northampton who I've used twice now on previous vehicles, but in both those cases I had insurance on the alloys so the cost to me was low.

Hi all,

So what I said wouldn’t happen happened in less than two weeks after collecting the car. I was parking up in Richmond, London, and didn’t notice a bit of the curb protruding out and…..

View attachment 678724
View attachment 678725
It’s not really bad, but bad enough to hurt ALOT. I am not sure it warrants a full repair (getting some quotes), and I am separately trying to find the perfect colour match to do a touch up repair instead (as I fear this may not be my last) so may collect a few damages before a full repair. These alloys are really easy to curb, so you’ve been warned. I never curb my alloys, but that’s no longer the case anymore.

I will post results here, and point to any paint codes/companies I use in the process.
I did the same on day 3 very easily done and I know the pain!! Went to Tesla Chelmsford, they recommend a company called Chipex Ltd, they gave me the colour and paint code, Colour: Gunpowder Grey Satin, Code: WPB82422E. I've ordered online over the weekend you do have to enter the paint code and colour, £39.95 + vat and shipping.

I did the same on day 3 very easily done and I know the pain!! Went to Tesla Chelmsford, they recommend a company called Chipex Ltd, they gave me the colour and paint code, Colour: Gunpowder Grey Satin, Code: WPB82422E. I've ordered online over the weekend you do have to enter the paint code and colour, £39.95 + vat and shipping.
Thanks!

I just spoke to someone there and they gave me a different code but I suppose maybe that’s an internal number: 130320

I just ordered the 30ml bottle so maybe it’s just the SKU code for that (£20) and purchased some fillet and will give a DIY repair a go….

I feel for you. I've had my Model 3 Performance since September last year and had avoided any damage to the alloys until yesterday! Some k***head in a campervan coming the other way forced me into the side and I heard a horrible grinding. Sure enough, both near-side wheels well and truly scuffed. I've not decided what to do, if anything, yet. I have a very good repairer in Northampton who I've used twice now on previous vehicles, but in both those cases I had insurance on the alloys so the cost to me was low.
Sorry to hear, yours sounds worse than mine. It’s very annoying but I’ve taken this opportunity to learn how to repair my own alloys because then at least when it happens I know I can repair it myself!

FYI I spoke to them again today about the colour code and was told:

“As we specially matched this paint for Tesla we have given that paint our custom code 130320”

Reactions: Durzel
Unfortunate but I got a “chip” on my rim, bought the chipex paint - dreadful match. Told chipex, sent a photo of their paint on actual rim, they said it must have been a wrong batch. They sent replacement- exactly the same.
previous purchases from them have been superb, this was rubbish .

Unfortunate but I got a “chip” on my rim, bought the chipex paint - dreadful match. Told chipex, sent a photo of their paint on actual rim, they said it must have been a wrong batch. They sent replacement- exactly the same.
previous purchases from them have been superb, this was rubbish .
When was this? Hopefully, they have fixed this. I have received the paint today but not yet applied, will later this week so I’ll take some photos

Reactions: Timberman
@Timberman do you have a link for the paint you ordered please i can't find it anywhere on the web and that is the code that Tesla Milton Keynes gave me - cheers