Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Uberturbine Wheels Curbed “IT happened”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your result is obviously far better than the curb rash, and as a “quick fix” should take the eye away.
I just wish that chipex, who are normally excellent, could produce a better match. The paint is too light, contains too much metallic and is only “near” not exact. Please, like I did send a photo to them, I’m sure they’ll welcome the feedback and perhaps produce a future match that’s as good as their normal results.
knowing how vulnerable these wheels are I’m sure there are plenty on here that will eventually succumb to a curb and then appreciate an exact match.

Reactions: TheFuturist
Here’s another photo in the daylight for the chipex 130320 paint.

45CE2AF9-5042-4022-A723-54369864432A.jpeg

Reactions: Kingpopsy and Cossa
I wasn't aware that Tesla had made it public knowledge what the paint code for these, and the previous Performance alloys were (which might even be the same colour).

I think people have wildly guessed what it is, and found different colours that are an approximation, but I don't think anyone definitively knows a paint code.

I wasn't aware that Tesla had made it public knowledge what the paint code for these, and the previous Performance alloys were (which might even be the same colour).

I think people have wildly guessed what it is, and found different colours that are an approximation, but I don't think anyone definitively knows a paint code.
Tesla Chelmsford gave me the paint code when I asked them recently

Reactions: TheFuturist
To be honest, yesterday when I parked up I couldn’t even see it anymore I had to actually remind myself which side I damaged. From half a meter away it’s perfect, it’s only when you get closer you see the slight difference. TBH the thing I am happy about most is that if I curb my wheels I can fix myself to a decent enough level that I am happy with then in the future when the wheel may have had a few of these and it’s older I may get it fully stripped and re painted.