Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P UK Deliveries - any idea?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, finally did it... After reserving in Jan 2017 and subsequently cancelling the reservation in 2018, This week I've actually ordered the Model 3 Performance :D.

Had a call from Tesla yesterday about the process from here on in, but they were relatively vague with delivery dates. I'm yet to see a M3 on the road, so does anyone have any idea/scope on when I *might* be looking at a delivery. The site said August (I know that's not happening), and the girl on the phone said September, but without any real conviction or confidence...

Anyone know the deal? How many RHD are being shipped at the minute? Just how far to the back of the queue am I? Will I take delivery in 2019?

Nobody in the UK really knows the deal. Some of us have been waiting for more than 3 years for our cars and still have no idea when they will arrive.

Not what I wanted to hear, but kind of what I expected. The guys at the showroom I visited said that ordering Performance, and a 'rarer' colour could speed up the process, but no idea if they were talking out of their back side or not... I went with blue on the off chance it makes any difference.

As best as anyone knows - Tesla aren't "building to order" for RHD right now, they're just building what they think they will need by the time the cars get to the UK a couple of months later.

So it's possible for you to skip the queue if you order a combination that a) they've not got many orders for and b) they have built and shipped a bunch of. But doing so would basically be a lucky guess.

They knew what a lot of us wanted when we ordered in the first 2 weeks of May. If they'd like to tell us what coolour combinations they now have a surplus of, maybe some would want to change, but they can't or won't reveal this. Someone in the U.S. knows what's on the inbound boats, but they're treating us all like mushrooms.

Congratulations and good luck with the wait. Ironically by the 2nd quarter, you could get inventory M3 in the EU. I don't see that happening in the UK this quarter. Inventory is key because a luxury purchase is often an impulse purchase. Over time, the wow factor evaporates and stuff gets in the way. As vehicles are not built-to-order, many customers will walk away. It's been 3 months since I placed my order - I have already deleted FSD. With no delivery in sight, I'm one step away from a cancelled order.