Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P VS BMW I4 M50

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is your plan that a jump starter keeps you mobile (not sure how long it would last, or if you'd keep it on).

Teslas don't need the 12v to drive-- they need it to engage the contactors on the main battery that are disconnected when the car sleeps, which then power the motors and whatnot so you can drive the car someplace.

A lithium battery jump starter can easily do this job (many times, since it doesn't take much power) and you wouldn't need to keep it on once the main battery contactors are engaged

Teslas don't need the 12v to drive-- they need it to engage the contactors on the main battery that are disconnected when the car sleeps, which then power the motors and whatnot so you can drive the car someplace.

A lithium battery jump starter can easily do this job (many times, since it doesn't take much power) and you wouldn't need to keep it on once the main battery contactors are engaged
OK I understand. That does make sense, and I guess you just keep recharging it when you get home. Keeps you mobile until a ranger visit (rather them drive an hour than me).