Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P vs MS 75 comparison - loan car

MOBB

Sep 18, 2019
Bedfordshire
My 2 month old M3P is in for its PDI :) (ie the paint damage that seems to come as standard)

They gave me a 2017 Model S 75 RWD as a loan car and here's my brief thoughts;

- Model S feels BIG, especially parking it
- Model S 75 doesn't feel as "alert" generally. Throttle response is duller
- Model S 75 is still bloody swift
- Brake regen is significantly less than the 3 - is this due to only one motor?
- Model S seats are way nicer than the 3, softer and more supportive sideways
- Interior of the S feels more plush, but not massively so. But definitely dated compared to the 3.
- Model S handles better than I expected, not as nimble as the 3 but not as far off as I expected

Overall I thought it was impressive, I just wouldn't need what it offers over the 3 and couldn't justify any additional cost over the 3. Also appreciate it was "only" the 75 RWD so not a fair fight in a few of my comments.

WannabeOwner

Nov 2, 2015
Suffolk, UK
Have you noticed that the MS is quieter than the M3? That was my observation (but that was an M3SR+, dunno if the M3P is different in that regard)

Rooster6655

May 3, 2019
UK
My 2 month old M3P is in for its PDI :) (ie the paint damage that seems to come as standard)

They gave me a 2017 Model S 75 RWD as a loan car and here's my brief thoughts;

- Model S feels BIG, especially parking it
- Model S 75 doesn't feel as "alert" generally. Throttle response is duller
- Model S 75 is still bloody swift
- Brake regen is significantly less than the 3 - is this due to only one motor?
- Model S seats are way nicer than the 3, softer and more supportive sideways
- Interior of the S feels more plush, but not massively so. But definitely dated compared to the 3.
- Model S handles better than I expected, not as nimble as the 3 but not as far off as I expected

Overall I thought it was impressive, I just wouldn't need what it offers over the 3 and couldn't justify any additional cost over the 3. Also appreciate it was "only" the 75 RWD so not a fair fight in a few of my comments.

The steering wheel also feels big to me and like riding in a space ship compared to the 3

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC