Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P Water leak at driver’s side floorboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone experienced or heard of water leaking into the driver side floor area? I’ve had this problem since the car was new (had 1 year now) Have had it in for service twice last winter with no resolution. Have a 3rd scheduled for next week…
Noticed under my driver side floor mat the carpet is always damp and sometimes very wet. Only happens in the winter obviously when it’s raining (PNW so this is a major problem).
Pulled carpet back and the floorboard of the car is all wet along the seam under where your right foot would rest with water droplets and small pools of standing water. I have the weathertech all weather mats so it’s not from wet shoes or anything like that.

Not sure if it’s leaking in from that seem or running there from somewhere else…
If they can’t fix it this time I’ll have to look into lemon laws…tired of wasting my time driving to the service center and leaving the car for days only for them to not resolve anything.
Just wondering if anyone has ever had or heard of this issue and possibly knows where it is getting in. Thought maybe it could be leaking in from the hvac vent in the frunk but I pulled off the side cover of the center console and it didn’t seem to be wet inside that area. I know that had been a more common issue but can’t find anything about the driver’s side

I have it in my 2021 model 3 also, been it, told me it was joint on the bulkhead that the original sealant had missed and had redone it, obviously not as when i lifted the Tesla all weather mat out the carpet was damp and the back of the mat all compensated. I will book it back in when I can get round to it.

• Informative
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
Has anyone experienced or heard of water leaking into the driver side floor area? I’ve had this problem since the car was new (had 1 year now) Have had it in for service twice last winter with no resolution. Have a 3rd scheduled for next week…
Noticed under my driver side floor mat the carpet is always damp and sometimes very wet. Only happens in the winter obviously when it’s raining (PNW so this is a major problem).
Pulled carpet back and the floorboard of the car is all wet along the seam under where your right foot would rest with water droplets and small pools of standing water. I have the weathertech all weather mats so it’s not from wet shoes or anything like that.

Not sure if it’s leaking in from that seem or running there from somewhere else…
If they can’t fix it this time I’ll have to look into lemon laws…tired of wasting my time driving to the service center and leaving the car for days only for them to not resolve anything.
Just wondering if anyone has ever had or heard of this issue and possibly knows where it is getting in. Thought maybe it could be leaking in from the hvac vent in the frunk but I pulled off the side cover of the center console and it didn’t seem to be wet inside that area. I know that had been a more common issue but can’t find anything about the driver’s side
Same issue, leak location, mats here. From what I can tell, there is no proper seal around the base of the drivers-side wiper pivot/shaft. This is the location where I see rainwater entering/dripping through just forward the drivers bulkhead, wheel & footwell well areas. There is a rubber cowling here presumably to direct water from the windshield to the proper drain area (as seems to be the case on the passengers side, which does not have the same issue or setup due to the orientation of the wiper arms/pivots). Some corrosion, staining and other debris are also present beneath this drivers-side cowling, not present elsewhere. Super frustrating overall, but at least in our case, I can see heavy rain and certainly high pressure washes creating issues in this area. I'm planning to take our Model 3 to the SC to see if they can assist, although not optimistic given others' experiences.

I am going the exact same issue, with the floorboard most wet on the driver’s side floorboard along the seam on the center console. I took it to the service center and they ran some test and couldn’t find a leak. They refused to take any panels apart to investigate. It just rained again and now the issue is back. Did you ever find out the root cause of the issue was? I want to convey it to the service center so that they can resolve this. Otherwise, I will be looking at lemon laws as well.

I am going the exact same issue, with the floorboard most wet on the driver’s side floorboard along the seam on the center console. I took it to the service center and they ran some test and couldn’t find a leak. They refused to take any panels apart to investigate. It just rained again and now the issue is back. Did you ever find out the root cause of the issue was? I want to convey it to the service center so that they can resolve this. Otherwise, I will be looking at lemon laws as well.
This has been a problem for a long time, but it seems Tesla is unwilling to acknowledge this problem exists, and is unwilling to find a solution for it.
I urge owners to make use of the lemon law!!! Do let Tesla BS you in „Well we changed the filters and cleaned the air duct.“. THIS DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM OF WATER ENTERING THE VEHICLE!!!!

Have the same problem right now on my 2023 Model 3 and also had same problem on my 2018 Model 3. Car has been at service for 6 days now and no resolution.