Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my m3p- today.

Dual Motor badge pre-installed w/ red underline..
Track mode available
90% charge.
5 mi on the odo.
Exactly the same here!
My P3D- software is 2019.15.104.1. Seems oldish... I connected it to WiFi for a few hours the first day but don't have WiFi in my parking spot/overnight. I set it to advanced of course. It's been 2 days and no update (note I already have P software, just hoping for a newer version). I thought premium interior models got more frequent updates over LTE, but I guess it's not as frequent as WiFi. Going to park it elsewhere with WiFi tonight to see if anything happens.

Homelink?
All season or summer tires?
Mine is 18" but never thought they could be summers, I'll check later and confirm, but probably all seasons.

No mention of HomeLink on the screen/settings.

Pretty sure my HW is 3.0 btw (my dashcam videos are saving with HEVC/x265 codec). Recorded about 40GB in 1 day(~40miles+sentry). Seems really high, good thing I got the 500GB Samsung SSD. HW 2.5 either uses even more disk space or saves at a lower quality (HEVC is supposed to be smaller files for the same quality).

VIN is 442XXX BTW. Happy to finally join you guys (1st post and 1st Tesla)!

Reactions: MagnusMako
Just got my M3P- delivered last last, except they actually just delivered a standard LR Dual Motor. I explained to Tesla delivery guy that I paid for the stealth upgrade and he knew exactly what I was talking about. He said this happened to a car earlier this week. They’re going to put an over the air update and within 24 hours and I can schedule a service visit to get the red underline added to my car. I was a little annoyed that it wasn’t ready at the time of delivery, but what can you do?

This is still my first Tesla and I was able to take it out for a longer drive. It’ll be nice to see the difference between the standard LR Dual Motor and the performance update.

How do you guys recommend I go about getting the red underline done? Do I just schedule a visit through the app and indicate that I want the badging installed? Should I go through the sales rep or the delivery guy?

Attachments

• 85E71CF6-AD96-4EFD-82AE-4D6CCC781010.jpeg
    85E71CF6-AD96-4EFD-82AE-4D6CCC781010.jpeg
    651.8 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Phlier
Just got my M3P- delivered last last, except they actually just delivered a standard LR Dual Motor. I explained to Tesla delivery guy that I paid for the stealth upgrade and he knew exactly what I was talking about. He said this happened to a car earlier this week. They’re going to put an over the air update and within 24 hours and I can schedule a service visit to get the red underline added to my car. I was a little annoyed that it wasn’t ready at the time of delivery, but what can you do?

This is still my first Tesla and I was able to take it out for a longer drive. It’ll be nice to see the difference between the standard LR Dual Motor and the performance update.

How do you guys recommend I go about getting the red underline done? Do I just schedule a visit through the app and indicate that I want the badging installed? Should I go through the sales rep or the delivery guy?

I'll be interested to see what happens bc it seems like yours is truly an LR All Wheel Drive (and with 19"s!). Please post any updates! :)

Depends on how far you are from SC. Sometimes Tesla will send out mobile ranger for such mundane tasks. But first things first is schedule an appointment via app. Tesla then reviews these things and depending on the task they will decide.

I had system restraint safety fault error and had to take one hour one way hike to local SC whereas for others who had same error, Tesla sent in mobile ranger.

Depends on how far you are from SC. Sometimes Tesla will send out mobile ranger for such mundane tasks. But first things first is schedule an appointment via app. Tesla then reviews these things and depending on the task they will decide.

I had system restraint safety fault error and had to take one hour one way hike to local SC whereas for others who had same error, Tesla sent in mobile ranger.

Thankfully I live in the city (Chicago) and there’s a service center like 5 minutes away. Do I have the option to just show up there or is it all done through the app?

I how the VINs will be coded on these cars and if they’ll properly reflect they’re performance models instead of standard AWD models. My VIN doesn’t turn up any results yet in google or even insurance sites, so maybe after I take delivery next week it will? I am also thinking about resale value when the VIN is pulled what it will show.

I how the VINs will be coded on these cars and if they’ll properly reflect they’re performance models instead of standard AWD models. My VIN doesn’t turn up any results yet in google or even insurance sites, so maybe after I take delivery next week it will? I am also thinking about resale value when the VIN is pulled what it will show.

From what I heard, Tesla options are hard for 3rd party to price. They will normally ask for sticker or your order details to see existing config. But with so many permutations and combinations on cars sold, VIN for Tesla is never going to show anything other than AWD.

There's no VIN difference between AWD and P cars anyway- they come up exactly the same.

Thankfully I live in the city (Chicago) and there’s a service center like 5 minutes away. Do I have the option to just show up there or is it all done through the app?

Just schedule using app and they will get in touch with you. You can mention on comments. But just wait for a day or two. Assuming it’s sold as P to you, Tesla will push update for sure.

Picked mine up yesterday!

Ordered it the same night the prices dropped, made calls the next day seeking info about the configuration, took a few days to find a competent advisor who could connect me to a Vin, and I spent a week watching these threads, and now it’s here!

Also, I sold a M3P- while I waited in the showroom for pickup. Inventory may be dwindling for this configuration, as the sales guy had to pull a car from Santa Barbara (to Rocklin) for this guy.

Attachments

• BE61FD72-1EF4-4A32-A2D0-188A7AADE2B1.jpeg
    BE61FD72-1EF4-4A32-A2D0-188A7AADE2B1.jpeg
    425 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Reactions: Scott7

Interesting. This is the first I have heard of a P3D- without a red underline badge. May prove the theory regarding LR AWDs can be software upgraded to perf.

I'll be interested to see what happens bc it seems like yours is truly an LR All Wheel Drive (and with 19"s!). Please post any updates! :)

Some of the P3D- cars have been configured with 19" wheels from the factory

Yes, you can try showing up to see if a tech can quickly do it.

I called another service center this morning and spoke with a competent tech. He put in for my car to be updated to the performance and about 2 hours later the performance upgrade came through. I have track mode and sport acceleration with the dual motor red underline. Now I need to just take it out for a drive
Interested to know if you feel a difference

I called another service center this morning and spoke with a competent tech. He put in for my car to be updated to the performance and about 2 hours later the performance upgrade came through. I have track mode and sport acceleration with the dual motor red underline. Now I need to just take it out for a drive

so is this just a silent OTA update or a full revision update that you can schedule? i was going to get in contact with my OA and make sure the car was updated before i pick it up

so is this just a silent OTA update or a full revision update that you can schedule? i was going to get in contact with my OA and make sure the car was updated before i pick it up
I don't think it is a full revision because the version of software on my car was unchanged. It just unlocked all the performance stuff on the car. It also didn't prompt me to install the update, it just did it automatically.

• Informative
Reactions: Scott7 and jvmoore1
Just picked up my P3D- but I don't have any of the performance stuff like sport mode or track mode. And there is no red underline when pressing the Tesla logo

If your purchase documents and price and window sticker all say "Performance," then I would not waste time talking to anyone about this issue, and just wait a couple days and see what happens. It very likely will update over the air.

As others have said, if you still don't have it after a few days, then you should escalate it.

EDIT: Never mind - you got it.

Take a picture of your rear motor as described above if you happen to have the time & inclination.

Last edited:
Exactly the same here!
My P3D- software is 2019.15.104.1. Seems oldish... I connected it to WiFi for a few hours the first day but don't have WiFi in my parking spot/overnight. I set it to advanced of course. It's been 2 days and no update (note I already have P software, just hoping for a newer version). I thought premium interior models got more frequent updates over LTE, but I guess it's not as frequent as WiFi. Going to park it elsewhere with WiFi tonight to see if anything happens.

Mine is 18" but never thought they could be summers, I'll check later and confirm, but probably all seasons.

Pretty sure my HW is 3.0 btw (my dashcam videos are saving with HEVC/x265 codec). Recorded about 40GB in 1 day(~40miles+sentry). Seems really high, good thing I got the 500GB Samsung SSD. HW 2.5 either uses even more disk space or saves at a lower quality (HEVC is supposed to be smaller files for the same quality).

Its interesting that you mentioned the software because I thought the same thing.
My brand new P3D- is on an older version than my forcefully retired RWD was a month ago.

Exactly the same here!

Sounds exactly like how my LR AWD was configured when delivered on June 23rd. Similar firmware as well (2019.15.103)