Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is everyone's OTD who purchased in California? Someone asked me this question that I cant answer
About $56k in the Bay Area, with the specific amount depending on local jurisdiction and corresponding sales tax.

This is the final ballpark OTD for the base $49,990 MSRP after destination + doc fee plus all other taxes and fees.

Worth every penny though. :D

Lmao I got 3k Miles. Thanks to you guys. Lol I'm in vegas and charging a . A level 3 for fweeeee it's ok I get free SC miles you get 0-60 in 3.2 seconds. Win win..
Yea some kid today coming out of Home Depot of all places asked me if I wanted to race (looked like a stock challenger SRT)
Told him nah ... would’nt be a fair fight .... he got a smug look on his face .... I don’t think he got it :p

Well, I've never heard of anyone buying a Performance model and NOT getting Track Mode!

You do realize there are people who just go around forums and spread untrue rumors just to ward off potential sales, don't you?

Actually, I'm pretty sure you are well aware of this.
@StealthP3D is correct. Here’s what happened (and this is gospel, not opinion).

In 2018, when P was first introduced, there were 2 configurations: with or without the performance upgrade package (PUP). The PUP cost $5k and included track mode. So without buying PUP, no track mode. Both cars were eligible for free lifetime supercharging promotion.

But wait. In October 2018, Tesla changed pricing and configuration. They eliminated the option of buying P without PUP, and dropped the price of the PUP equipped car by $5,000, essentially making PUP free. They also ended the free lifetime supercharging promo.

Recent P buyers got irked. Those who paid $5,000 for PUP wanted their $5,000 back. Those who didn’t buy the PUP wanted something, as they now could have had the PUP for the same price they paid to not get it. Some wanted money, some wanted PUP retrofit, some just wanted track mode.

Musk tweeted “all Ps would get track mode”. He also tweeted “price drop too much too soon, all prior P owners would get option of keeping free lifetime supercharging, or getting $5 k rebate”. Quotes paraphrased but factually correct.

Tesla minions implemented this poorly. They only gave rebate to PUP owners, and informed Stealth owners that their only option was the supercharging. They also said no track mode. This went on for a month or so. A bunch of Stealth owners got annoyed by this and mobilized to contact Tesla execs to highlight the disparity between Musk’s words and the implementation. Musk said he would handle it, and he did. All Stealth owners who asked for the rebate got it. And, within 60 days or so, all Stealth Ps were also retrofitted with track mode via software update.

Since then, all of the 2019 Stealth Ps have reported track mode either at delivery, or shortly after via flash.

So.... ALL Ps HAVE TRACK MODE. I don’t care what some delivery or sales guy says, they are wrong.

Last edited:
depending with whom you talk, gospel is very well just opinion...
Disagree. Fact is fact. I put forth an exact chronology. People are allowed to have opinions about the facts. For example, in the history I presented, you could say “Tesla really screwed owners” or “wow Tesla really did right by owners”. Those would be opinions. Facts are facts. Opinions are different people’s interpretation of the facts.

Disagree. Fact is fact. I put forth an exact chronology. People are allowed to have opinions about the facts. For example, in the history I presented, you could say “Tesla really screwed owners” or “wow Tesla really did right by owners”. Those would be opinions. Facts are facts. Opinions are different people’s interpretation of the facts.

We 100% agree all 2019 model 3 performance models have track mode

I am merely pointing out the sales reps at one point thought they did not (some still say they don’t) and this is due to 2019 news/events unrelated to 2018

See this Article from Electrek for 1 such example from 2019 when this car was announced and it states no track mode included (though wrong they obviously got that from someone who works at Tesla)
Tesla now offers Model 3 Performance for less than $50,000 by unbundling features - Electrek

Below was the chart supposedly from Tesla around that same time that the sales folks were going off

QUOTE="MP3Mike, post: 3844593, member: 42876"]The comparison matrix shared by Tesla to someone confirms the no track mode. But it also mentions that 19" is an option.

View attachment 431217[/QUOTE]

Again these were proven wrong but that doesn’t stop sales people from not realizing that

Last edited: